SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Unified body of Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wombat1

Melbourne

Unified body of Christ

It is my belief that we will unite to a closer walk with the Lord and based on a greater understanding of his word than ever before.

I see many well studied brothers from many walks and find humour in discussions like the welsh and Penticostal revivals/reformations not meeting.

Howevver it is my belief and I would like to encourage my brothers and sisters that we are approaching a time when we will no longer be looking through a glass darkly, but that we will find unity in understanding the word of God.

Not based on the minimum which like the Uniting church is Australia is for all intents and purposes dead to Christianity except for the odd pocket of believers but on not only our combined understanding based on humility and a willingness to receive instruction but then topped up and overflowing with fresh revelation.

My thoughts on the former point of discussion is that the Welsh revival was the last great explosion of Gods annointing on the new testament fulfilment of Passover before moving on through Reformation into the start of the restoration of Penticost or the fulfillment of the feast of weeks from memory of the old testament.

It is only now that we finally are at the verge of the fulfillment of the feast of Tabernacles do start to see a focus again on holiness. Yes hated by many because as they rightly say, it divides the church. How many great men of God have come in with a new broom and preached a series of sermons that cannot be tollerated by those who allow and ever promote compromise.

It is starting again, I hear the sound of the trumpet calling people to come out from among them once again but this time to being filled with the spirit not just a for taste that so many think is filled.

I would like to ask for those who want to embrace more of God and Gods character that we pray for one another and seek his face. In the old testament it was death to seek his face or at least for those that actually did see it.

This will be the difference I think, there is a move of global proportions at the moment saying anything that speaks of death to the flesh is legalism, conviction of the holy spirit is condemnation, whilst Gods move will all be about death and then through that death, our death comes the life that Joel prophesied of.

Yes I am excited, have not seen this but have been waiting many years to hear the trumpet call but it is here and will get louder and louder. We will have to be in a serious rut or religious spirit to not turn to the call of the Lord. I pray I am there and I pray you are there also.

Selah Oskar.

2013/5/7 6:27Profile
brothagary

Re: Unified body of Christ

I hope your right blessings from Townsville Queensland

2013/5/7 20:34Profile
endlessjoe

University of Calabar Nigeria

"there is a move of global proportions at the moment saying anything that speaks of death to the flesh is legalism, conviction of the holy spirit is condemnatio," I also find this particularly disturbing.

2013/5/8 2:28Profile
endlessjoe

University of Calabar Nigeria

You made some very important comments here Dear Brother Oskar, and I think it'd be a blessing if I copy it to the other forum on the Welsh/Pentecostal revivals , if you wouldn't mind.

2013/5/8 2:34Profile
wombat1

Melbourne

Re: I also find this particularly disturbing.

Hi Joe, Yes disturbing indeed. i had spent some months with a number of leaders of churches of possibley the largest Pentecostal new global move, and a number of local and global pastors fellowships. I have spent time with individual pastors at length discussing, in particular the need for repentance onlly for it to be rejected point blank. There is one move I think I have mentioned before but dont really feel led to name which took many months of discussion even an offer to come to the states to discuss the need of repentance because of the number of churches adopting their brand of theology rejecting repentance.

It was only when asking the US based movement to correct the churchs in Australia that had thrown out repentance and even the need to worry about sin that eventually I found out that it had come from them in the first place.

I was deeply upset to think that the church movement was apostate but worse was that it is influencing thousands of churches around the globe to follow their teachings.

I feel sure that the whore of babylon, the false church is here. It is also amazing that it should raise its head and take the early lead talking about the manifest sons of God when the real brid of Christ is still forming.

Please be gracious in considering this last statement however I do ask that you consider that the old testament was a type and shadow of the new. In doing so the jews had three feasts, not two. It is the last Tabernacles that has started, the trumpet is blowing to come out from her my people.

How many souls will be eternaly lost as the gospel message is preached without the foundation of repentance. In this light of apostacy I would ask that we do something that we may never have done before or maybe it is just me that is lazy. However please let us pray for one another. Rather than give mental ascent to this idea may I suggest that we take one name from the site Greg or Ginny or Bearmaster of Paul west or anybody at all and pray for five minutes for them. Then it is no longer a good idea if that is what it is, but it has started.

I have always been impressed and amazed that all revivals started with tarrying meetings. You may have had someone on your heart or even just a brief or fleeting thought about someone who needs prayer support. A minute or two is a great place to start.

AS a final comment, may I ask that we do not accept apostacy as part of our Christian brothers. Paul the prolific writer of much of the new testament said that anyone who comes iwth another Gospel is ANATHEMA, why should wee look the other way to teachings that will send thee unrepentant to hell. These are our enemies and to be avoided, cut off and yes warned several times first but after adhereing to an apostate postion removed from fellowship.

We are or at least some of us are to bring warning to the body of Christ when a wolf shows up. I have been castigated by some by saying these are not wolves but sheep with dirty fleece. This is not the only site that asks where discernment is.

Anyway enough from downunder. God bless as you consider these thoughts.

Regards Oskar.

2013/6/19 9:15Profile
wombat1

Melbourne

Re: Copy to welsh/Pentecostal ...

Yes of course if you have not done so, please exuce the late response.

God bless you endlessJoe

2013/6/19 9:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy