SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Believe = Obey / Disobedience = Unbelief

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
a-servant

Re:

Quote "When I am not sure if God will come through, I am not likely to do what He says. I will instead rely upon my own means."

Yes, I know whay you mean. The problem of my life. Usually I can figure out how to solve any basic problem, that's why I get 'personalized' problems from time to time that are totally outside of my scope.

It's about surrender of heart territory and giving up double mindedness like in James 4:8. The greatest 'faith builders' come from the singleness of heart to trust him, when no human solution is possible. Where I had to give up the whole idea of fixing things and let Jesus know that he is the only one that can help me now. Total reliance, it's something he is teaching me in questions of health, finances, marriage and going to and living in foreign countries. Personal health was actually the easiest of all, since it's a simple idea to understand that the creator always takes better care (if asked) than people and their manmade medicines, in comparison to for example governments that want rare personal documents that don't exist is one the most difficult things to handle. Like a wall of granite. You just give up. When God opens a door that was shut and locked, it is a miracle, especially when he let you read a relating psalm that speaks directly about the situation where he says what He will do. And he gives faith to believe it and you can say amen to that. And then it really happens. That melts my heart.

2013/5/16 7:07Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """Philip,

It is along the lines of a bond-slave in the OT. Do you know the concept?"""

Yes I understand the concept, But;

John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

"servants" Strong's Greek Dictionary
1401. doulos
Search for G1401 in KJVSL
douloV doulos doo'-los
from 1210; a slave (literal or figurative, involuntary or voluntary; frequently, therefore in a qualified sense of subjection or subserviency):--bond(-man), servant.

A servant knoweth not.

"friends" Strong's Greek Dictionary
5384. philos
Search for G5384 in KJVSL
jiloV philos fee'-los
properly, dear, i.e. a friend; actively, fond, i.e. friendly (still as a noun, an associate, neighbor, etc.):--friend.

Even beyond "friend", It is no longer I who live, but Christ who liveth in me.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

This is our perfection; Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Beyond even this; 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

"Charity" Strong's Greek Dictionary
26. agape
Search for G26 in KJVSL
agaph agape ag-ah'-pay
from 25; love, i.e. affection or benevolence; specially (plural) a love-feast:--(feast of) charity(-ably), dear, love.

The Love of Christ in us being our Love-feast in Him and with each other.

I love Him because He first loved me, I see Christ in you because I see Christ in me and I love you because of His Love in me.

In Christ: Phillip

2013/5/16 22:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy