Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Call vs The Mandate

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

The Call vs The Mandate

Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
New Revised Standard Version.

Question:
If I think of ways to win the Lost should I do it?

Versus

Should I wait to Hear a clear message from the Lord before I take any Action?

Any thoughts guys and gals?

2005/3/12 23:25Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: The Call vs The Mandate

Quote:

AgesofWar wrote:

Question:
If I think of ways to win the Lost should I do it?

Versus

Should I wait to Hear a clear message from the Lord before I take any Action?

Any thoughts guys and gals?

I have been taught that the above passage is green light for evangelism. So in other words, the default is to go, when I mean go, its to the nations, to evangelise, whatever outreach may be your thing. God has got to tell me not to go. Also in many cases the how of the outreach is up to him, because if he has told me to go, as a blanket statement, for it to still remain a God endeavour I must know what and how he wants me to do when I get there.

An example of this would be when some of our folk have gone chuch planting. Some have used door-to-door others have just prayed. So to summarise if the Lord has given you ideas on how to win the lost, go to do it, seems like he has already spoke to you about it. Thats really exciting, this may irk some of the purists :-P but you are really exhibiting an entrepreneurial spirit.

God bless,

2005/3/12 23:56Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

ZekeO said

Quote:
So to summarise if the Lord has given you ideas on how to win the lost, go to do it, seems like he has already spoke to you about it.

Just wanted to thank you for your wise words.

So Thanks Man I needed to hear that

:-D

2005/3/13 0:51Profile

Re: What would Jesus do?

Jesus said that He did not speak or do anything, unless He first heard from the Father. He also said that what He saw the Father do and say, the He did also.

In other words, Jesus was totally led by the Spirit. Paul admonishes us that if we be led by the Spirit, we will not fulfill the desires of the flesh.

Without the Holy Spirit involved, friend, there will be no fruit to your evangelism. Why not spend time alone with God, seeking His Kingdom and His rigtheousness. Then you will begin to be led by the Spirit, and know what God would have you to do. That alone will bear fruit that will last for eternity. On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.

2005/3/13 7:41
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Quote:
Without the Holy Spirit involved, friend, there will be no fruit to your evangelism.

Amen.

2005/3/14 11:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy