SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Second Child of 'Faith Healing' Parents Dies

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

proudpapa,

It saddens me how our government is using every "catastrophe" to take more and more liberty away from U.S. Citizens.

2013/4/30 14:45Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Sometimes I wonder if what is believed to be a Christian family is really a loving family. It seems more like a label and because of the label we assume.

This is like saying every Christian marriage is perfect while there as many divorces amongst Christians as there are in the secular world.

There is a fine line between a child being sick and not taking him to the doctor and a child being sick and taking him to the doctor and he gets well. If God doesn't answer this prayer are the parents still justified in what they did? I don't think they are justified yet it is their religious convictions. Where is the line?

2013/4/30 16:15Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Hi DEADn

///Sometimes I wonder if what is believed to be a Christian family is really a loving family. It seems more like a label and because of the label we assume.///

All we have is the artical which was not defending the parents, A statement in it said : "Nobody argues that these aren't very loving, nurturing parents," she said Tuesday. "Whether their religion had anything to do with the death of their baby, we don't know."

and we have their Church Website in which I challenged all to find something significantly heretic from a biblical perspective.

So to doubt that these aren't very loving, nurturing parents is without merit, and is only an excuse to shut up the bowels of compassion that every true believer should have for these parents.

2013/5/1 1:49Profile
dohzman

Re: :)

I agree with proudpapa, when everything is said and done it will ultimately come down to their faith the belief system. Seen it so many times. What happens in media is they take a bad situation or circumstance, which may occur less than 1% of 1% and they use that to blow up a circumstance and make it to appear as though it was the norm and happening every where. And they feed peoples fears, likes, dislikes, bias, and if they can not, they will create the emotion that they want to instill in their listeners/readers, that's why it is so dangerous to accept everything at face value that is heard or read in mainstream media.
In the Boston bombing if you were to follow the on site reporting networks what they did was take you on a roller coaster ride using information in order to form your opinion the way they felt it should be. They literally lead the masses, the trouble is the opposite which would be the conspiracy theorists and that's also not to healthy.
That said, we as a community of believers should accept and embrace they parents by faith and apply the Word of God that says not to judge nothing before the time (if we are rushing to judgement), but personally speaking I would rather be still and if given the chance be a supporter.It does become a difficult situation given the circumstances and the loss of life, however there has been as many children die under a doctors care as has died without no matter what the circumstance, read a report once but do not have the time to look it up. We do not question though s parents character or love. Any way time for work...God Bless.

2013/5/1 7:29Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

and we have their Church Website in which I challenged all to find something significantly heretic from a biblical perspective.

Didn't I post something about this? Not necessarily that it was heretical but that it showed a danger that the church didn't believe in medical avenues to sickness. God is the Healer?
How much of an absolute truth is this? In theory it is absolute but in practice it doesn't seem to be for if it were we should be seeing many healings taking place, wouldn't we? Where is the balance between God being our Healer and using medicine as well? Even Paul admonished that a little wine is good for the belly.

2013/5/1 9:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy