SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Second Child of 'Faith Healing' Parents Dies

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

[quote}
The church's website has a sermon titled "Healing — From God or Medicine?" that quotes Bible verses purportedly forbidding Christians from visiting doctors or taking medicine.

"It is a definite sin to trust in medical help and pills; and it is real faith to trust on the Name of Jesus for healing," says the message, from last May.

proudpapa
This is part of the article that shows that their decisions is a bit skewed. If what they believed is this and they kid died then we have the presume this was God ordained that their kid was not healed? And yet if they had taken the kid to the doctor, chances are the kid would be alive. Where is the balancing of scales here?

This is the kind of story which can and will cause some to depart from their faith or just back away from this kind of religious belief because of the outcome. Either God isn't a healer, or He choose not to heal this kid or God does not exist in the first place. These are the conclusions I come to from the article.

I think it is very dangerous for Christians to bury their head in the sand with incidents such as this and think 'Well, God has a higher plan in this' when society sees it has a type of abuse and especially after this happened to a 2nd child of theirs. Some will see it as child abuse and yet how can you not say it is?

2013/4/26 8:37Profile
proudpapa

Re: Second Child of 'Faith Healing' Parents Dies

I would urge everyone to search the First Century Gospel Church website: http://www.fcgchurch.org/

Unstead of casting stones of judgment, We should naturally have a deep hurt and God given compassion for this couple as they have lost a second child and have had the state take their 7 other children away from thier loving, nurturing parents, and given to the care of the foster care system (This has to be a nightmare!) not to mention that this couple may go to prison, for no other reason, than that they had faith to trust on the Name of Jesus for healing instead of faith in modern medicine. (that is persecution!)

Will we be as the World or will we recognize when our brethren are in hurt and need of our support.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how we could help this couple ?

Here is the basic tenants for what the the First Century Gospel Church believe:

What We Believe:1.We believe that the Bible is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God (which is a written revelation of His divine will).

2.That there is only one God who eternally exists in three persons (called the Trinity): Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

3.We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life on earth, His divine miracles, His atonement for sin on the cross, His resurrection to life, His ascension to the right hand of God, and in His personal return to earth in power to rapture God's true children.

4.That for the salvation of the lost and sinful, repentance and faith in Christ provides regeneration by the Holy Spirit and that a continuing faith in Christ is the only way of salvation.

5.We believe in the on-going ministry of the Holy Spirit who dwells within the heart of every true believer to give the ability to live a godly life in Christ Jesus. Also that His power to convict, to guide, and to enlighten are available to believers today.

6.We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost... the saved unto the resurrection of Eternal Life, and the lost unto the resurrection of eternal suffering.

7.That everyone (of every nation, tribe, people and language) is equal in the sight of God, so all true believers are unified members of the body of Christ.

8.We believe that it is important to practice water baptism by triune immersion, and serve the Lord's Supper on a regular basis. We do not believe that either of these practices is essential for salvation, but the commemorating of them gives evidence of our faith in Christ.

9.That it is the personal responsibility of the church (and individual Christians in their own life) to witness for Christ and to share the gospel however led to do so (and whenever the Holy Spirit presents the opportunity).

http://www.fcgchurch.org/Main%20Pages/Beliefs-Basic%20Tenants.html

2013/4/27 1:10Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I believe that God wants us to understand His word. I think many many Many times we try to over think it & rationalize this & compare that & the confusion sets in. There are many things I don't understand nor will I but I just move along & pray that if the Lord desires me to understand it, He'll give me the wisdom. If not, I move along knowing I'll never know the mind of God. I love studying it, I'm very simple & if He chooses to show me a meaning to something, well Hallelujah but if He doesn't, He has His reasons or I just figure I can live without it. I think knowing it completely would puff us up. So, I just remain a fool for Christ & retain the wisdom He desires me to attain.

2013/4/27 11:06Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Here Paul commands timothy to take something for his infirmities ....

I feel not giving / taking medicine is like saying "Im not going to get a job, and God will provide for Me..."

It is writtin " Thou shall not tempt thy LORD thy God"

We must not put trust in Science and Medicine, but in the one whom created all things, and provides all things, and God has provided medicine and Science for the health of his Church and kingdom..
May God recieve the Glory
andy

2013/4/27 14:04Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

When does it cross the line of parents using Faith in God for healing vs. medicine for healing? This couple lost 2 kids because medicine could have saved their from their sickness but they believed God would heal them. For whatever reason God did not heal them. Because the state is taking away their kids is this really a state of persecution on part of the state or is it child abuse on behalf of the parents?

Let's say a Jehovah Witness' child needs a blood transfusion and it will save the child. Parents refuse and the kid dies. It happens a 2nd time as well. Is this child abuse or religious persecution? I see it as both. On one hand the State much respect the faith of the parents and yet on the other hand there is medicine to help but it pushed away. Does common sense come into play anywhere?

Is it balanced believing to believe that God will heal every sickness in a family?

2013/4/27 16:44Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Re: ///Will we be as the World or will we recognize when our brethren are in hurt and need of our support.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how we could help this couple ? ///

2013/4/27 20:51Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

praying for them, and encouraging them, that God is still a good God..
what is their church already doing?
are they helping with the cost of burials?
are they providing them with lawyers?

andy

2013/4/27 22:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I find this situation disturbing. It upsets me that some gov agency has the authority to tell me when we should seek medical help. This is a personal matter and if for any reason good parents opt to forgo it, that should be their choice. They should not have to fear any gov agency breathing down their neck for the decision you make concerning health care. It is like a lot of other stupid laws - like forbidding a dairy farmer from selling raw cow milk! Stupidier then dumb. (I grew up on a dairy farm and we used raw milk all the time and it never made us sick or crazy - maybe that is, oh never mind...)

If a couple for Biblical reasons decide to forgo medical assistance, this is their right and privilege. They did not sin to do so, neither would they have sinned getting the help, either. It is a matter of opinion and in their case conviction.

My opinion...and I do have a few...:-)

ginnyrose

2013/4/27 23:08Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Second Child of 'Faith Healing' Parents Dies

This is sad but not because a child died. The real issue who we are accountable to. Ultimately, we will all stand before God and every thought, word and deed will be tried. If it did not originate from the Father, we are accountable. When we try to weigh the motives based on external ethical criteria, we get knotted up be because we are not walking as Christ did, judging not based on the seen but on what comes down from the Father. At the same time, we must discern the spirits to know whether what we are hearing is from above. I've had experiences where I have done something that appears good, or repeatedly tried to, only to have the Word or Spirit rebuke me for trying to do it for my own righteousness. Some of these things were things that friends had been lead into because of something God was working on in their life but not mine. There have been other times where I haven't obeyed because of fear and 'waited on God' though He had already shown me otherwise. It's really important that we aren't following the traditions of men, even if they emphasize neglected Truth, because emphasis requires elaboration which can lead exaggeration which transforms the Truth into a lie. If the suffering this couple is under is godly then they will perseverance and develop hope. May we have the same mind in us.

2013/4/28 4:58Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

A wise man will hear and increase in learning, and a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel. -Proverbs 1:5

2013/4/28 11:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy