SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Calif. bill would allow boys in girls' restrooms

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Calif. bill would allow boys in girls' restrooms

The cultural debate over "transgender rights" in public schools has moved to California, where a legislative committee passed a bill Wednesday (April 17) that would outlaw sex-segregated bathrooms and athletic teams.

Under the bill -- which passed the Assembly Education Committee by a vote of 5-2 -- a student will be "permitted to participate in sex-segregated
school programs, activities, and facilities, including athletic teams
and competitions," consistent with "his or her gender identity, ..

read more: http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?id=40094

2013/4/19 10:53Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Calif. bill would allow boys in girls' restrooms

Next they will find it necessary to post guards in bathrooms - wonder how they will chose what gender that guard will be? This will provide lawyers with more opportunities for lawsuits...lots of hay to be made...

Life gets much more complicated when one deviates from the laws of God.

2013/4/19 15:24Profile
elias7291

Los Angeles

Re:

im going to be a lawyer. lol

but yes this is sad! as a CA resident, this is terrifying.

2013/4/19 16:28Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I had a discussion with a neighbor about this. I explained that bathrooms were based upon PHYSICAL BIOLOGY and not what a person's "mind" says that the person is. A bathroom is based upon the "plumbing" that a person is born with.

Sadly, it doesn't matter to the "new morality" that is being promoted by deviants and others in the Far Left. I saw an article yesterday from San Francisco in which the San Francisco Police Department declared certain areas of the city "safe zones" for homosexuals. The homosexual activist who joined the police at the podium was a "transgender" black man covered in which makeup ("whiteface") and dressed up like a Catholic nun. The photo almost looked like it belonged in some warped modern comedy than an actual press conference.

In 2008, I mentioned that the outcome of the presidential election might be that the "morality" (or, more correctly, immorality) of San Francisco would be pushed throughout the nation. It is certainly a spiritual (rather than merely a political) issue. There is indeed a famine in the land.

I live near the CalTrain double-decker commuter train that runs from San Jose to San Francisco. Over the last couple of years, our community experienced a phenomenon in which many high school students decided to throw themselves in front of passing the 70-80 mph trains.

Local community residents blamed the issue on "pressure" of succeeding. Many of these students were the children of Stanford professors or highly paid Silicon Valley workers. Residents assumed that the students were "lost" when they didn't get accepted in top universities. Yet, upon closely reflection, some of the students who killed themselves were not only high academic achievers, but had already been accepted in some top schools.

I truly feel that this is the result of children being raised without God. Many of their parents proudly display the FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster) or Darwin fish symbols on their cars. These symbols are not just based upon personal atheism but upon an in-your-face mockery of the religious faith of others. These children are taught that there is nothing after you die. To them, life is all that there is...and death leads to "nothingness." Is it no wonder why kids don't fear ending their lives if they think that there is nothing to fear afterward?

The writer of Proverbs said, "Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people" (Proverbs 14:34). Yet, the modern Liberal society in California has increasingly waged war upon the faith from which much of morality is derived. They literally call good things evil and evil things good.

I was reading today about a florist who is being sued by the ACLU for refusing to provide flowers to a gay "wedding." As suspected, there is no "opt out" in regard to conscientiously, morally or religiously objecting to the demands of homosexual activists. Not only do they demand that you embrace or accept them, they will sue you and your business if you do not.

I heard a preacher once say that God would have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah if His justice sleeps too much longer. I just pray that the people of God begin to shine as the days grow darker. Unfortunately, I often feel like Faithful walking through Vanity Fair in Bunyan's PILGRIM'S PROGRESS.

2013/4/19 18:15Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Illinois high schools have already passed this, 16 states already offer protection for transgendered people in the school systems which transfer to the restrooms that are in the schools.

The question isn't stopping it but dealing with it through the love of Christ. I’m sure the majority of Christians and their attitude toward these people (that need God) are going to be taxed to the limit in the coming years but are God’s people prepared to love them? Just telling them that they can’t feel a certain way isn't going to work because we all know how well that’s worked out for gay people.

A realistic question should be posed: are there any Scriptures that say we are supposed to love some sinners but not others that are deemed inappropriate?

I think these issues facing God;s people today go way deeper than just telling someone they are wrong or going to hell, I believe as Christians we should focus on how others can see Christ IN US, the hope of glory. But that’s just my two cents, take it or leave it.

God bless,
Lisa

2013/4/20 6:59Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Where I live they already allow this in public restrooms. So I do my best to never have to go into them when I am out and about. I do think we need to pray for those who are lost in sin no matter what sin that might be but there is still the need to speak truth into their lives. IT takes a lot more love to speak the truth to someone then it does to give into their sinful lifestyle choices. Speaking the truth can be done in a loving way but not to do so is sin on our part I believe. Its like knowing someone is dying of a dreadful disease and with holding the cure all so they can "feel" good about themselves.

God bless
maryjane

2013/4/20 8:40Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Where will all this perversion stop? Not in my imagination have I ever thought things would get this bad:

1. Can't chose who will or will not sell your services to without fear of lawsuits.

2. People censored for speaking out against homosexuality.

3. Boy Scouts fixing to compromise on this homosexual issue.

4. Now males want to use females restrooms with no fear of reprisals (did they also have a brain transplant?).

5. Females want to use men's restrooms... (Oh, I know these transgendered persons no longer consider themselves to be the sex they were born with, but one cannot deny reality.)

6.Bible considered a hate book.

Hear Chicago and much of IL and other states are experiencing some serious flooding. I asked a FB friend if people are considering that God may be speaking to them through these calamities? She said, "Yes." Include MS in this list of people who experience disasters - they are becoming more common as time goes on. I have lived here since 1961 and in the first 25 years there were very few in our community, not so in recent years.

What will it take to wake up people?

2013/4/20 21:39Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:Where will all this perversion stop?

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thess 4:16-17

2013/4/21 5:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy