SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : is gun control just the beginning?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

is gun control just the beginning?

for some in power there is a very real desire to do away with the second amendment. i will tell you at first i did not really think to much about this because i don't own a gun and had no intention of ever getting one. i didn't think it was such a big deal if the government wanted to take away guns or limit what guns could be sold and who could own them. i now wonder what if this is just the beginning. what if after convincing the majority we have to give up our right to own a gun legally those same folks in power say you have to give up your freedom of religion. after all the Bible is filled with things that other people don't like. what if those in charge decided that because the Bible speaks against homosexual sin it has to be banned? what if because the homosexual couple now the street is offended by the church on the corner the government says close it down? what if that same government says for the safety of everyone we have to take this away from you.

i am not saying we need to get into the political area on the issue of gun control but i do think we need to be in prayer over where the country is headed. we need to pray for people to wake up and see just how sinful and rebellious as a nation we are. we need to repent. gun control may just be the beginning of even more control on us by the government.someone said once they take one freedom away it just opens the door to take them all away. this made me think we need to be found ready to stand and not wavier, to follow Jesus always no matter what might happen.time is short.

rdg

2013/4/14 10:08Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: is gun control just the beginning?

The 2nd Amendment doesn’t give citizens their right to bear arms, it prevents the government from INFRINGING on the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. The citizens have those rights based on their humanity and the right to defend themselves.

I believe that the full quote at the Last Supper from Luke 2:35-38 goes as follows (New International Version):

“He said to them, ‘When I sent you out without a purse, bag, or sandals, did you lack anything?’ They said, ‘No, not a thing.’ He said to them, ‘But now, the one who has a purse must take it, and likewise a bag. And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one. For I tell you, this scripture must be fulfilled in me, ‘And he was counted among the lawless’; and indeed what is written about me is being fulfilled.’ They said, ‘Lord, look, here are two swords.” He replied, ‘It is enough.’”

2013/4/14 11:07Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

by MrBillPro on 2013/4/14 8:07:54

The 2nd Amendment doesn’t give citizens their right to bear arms, it prevents the government from INFRINGING on the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. The citizens have those rights based on their humanity and the right to defend themselves.

ok mrbill
thanks for the correction. i still think it could be the beginning of the government wanting to have more control over us and taking away freedoms we have. i still think that taking the Bible and freedom to worship will not be to far away especially as those in charge push that christian faith is hate speech against homosexuals.

i really think we need to be in prayer.

rdg

2013/4/14 11:21Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
rainydaygirl....I still think it could be the beginning of the government wanting to have more control over us and taking away freedoms we have. i still think that taking the Bible and freedom to worship will not be to far away especially as those in charge push that christian faith is hate speech against homosexuals.

I also believe all this,and taking our guns first, would be the most logical step, so the loss of life to the folks the government sends out to enforce this, will be minimal. All you have to do is listen to the news one time or read a news paper one time, and you can see that they are coming after us Christians, when, is the only question left.

2013/4/14 11:46Profile

Re:

But if we were arrested for being a Christian. Would there be enough evidence to convict us. Or to out if another way. Join the church and see the world. Somehow I do not see to many Christians being persecuted for Jesus in this country.

My thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2013/4/14 12:11
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
bearmaster....But if we were arrested for being a Christian. Would there be enough evidence to convict us.

Bearmaster.

Mr. Bear, I can appreciate your statement, as this question has been around for centuries, if they come knocking on your door, you can ask them this question, although I believe it will be in vain. Again, their coming, the question is when, and if you don't believe this, you have to be living in a bubble, remember de-nile is a river in Africa/Egypt. I believe two things will happen, one is another 9-11 but worse, and the other is, folks will flock to the Church houses again, then shortly afterwards, the Government will move in, they "do not" want more believers in this nation, it will crimp their agenda. I hope I am wrong,and no God did not tell me this, this is just what I believe,and I feel pretty sure I don't have any patent on this belief.

2013/4/14 12:20Profile

Re:

Good question Mr. Bill. Certainly one I need to ponder before the Lord. For sure those I pray for in foreign nations know that to come to Jesus means imprisonment and death.

I believe it was Bobhoffer who said when Christ bids a man to come to him. He bids him to come and die.

Bearmaster.

2013/4/14 12:31
proudpapa

Re: is gun control just the beginning?

Yes Gun Control is one of the first steps toward Totalitarianism and this reality is why we have the Second Admendment.

We are seeing the net closing in on us as what has never been possible in the history of man, and that is Globaly.

Technology is making it so that their is no mountains,wilderness or deserts to flee, no other lands to refugee to.

We must become more familier with the secret place and lead our families into this place for refuge because we are getting close to the white robes generation.

2013/4/14 14:39Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

do those who have responded believe that the homosexual push that is going on now will be the cause of coming persecution. is it far fetched to believe that the Bible one day very soon could be illegal because someone will decide it to be to divisive? what about those who attempt to teach their children that homosexuality or really any sin is wrong will they one day be charged as criminals and said to be abusing their children for teaching them the Bible?

time is short
rdg

i think the world has been turned over to their sin.

2013/4/14 15:14Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

RDG, we all have different ideas/beliefs on what's coming down the road, I personally believe there are just some questions that go unanswered, this is what keeps us trusting in the Lord, he has all the answers. Something is happening around this whole world, and it's a spiritual battle, remember our struggle is not against flesh and blood, we can "only" fight this spiritual battle in prayer, it's the only weapon God gave us to fight the spiritual battles with. As for as your question of what part does the homosexuals have? This is just my opinion, they are just another pawn for the opposition.

2013/4/14 16:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy