SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Iranian scientist claims to have invented a time machine that can predict the future

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I think that when Christians take something like this too seriously you really need to sit back and ask yourself are you too serious about life? You know something like this can never happen so why get so worked up over it. It is things like this that can add fuel to those who hate religious people because of such an over reaction to various things. Kind of like being watching for every devil around every corner.

2013/4/12 7:03Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

SOT--

I did not take Bear's sarcasm to be directed at you personally, but rather with the content of the article. I am right there with him in that respect.

It is true that there have been out there like this for a while, as murcclr stated. a lot is based on internet traffic etc which is supposed to be able to point out trends, etc. This person has not invented a true crystal ball but possibly has invented something that may accurately predict trends, but certainly not infallibly. if he could predict infallibly he would be able to pick winning lottery numbers and would not need his silly invention to make money.

2013/4/12 7:33Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: I think that when Christians take something like this too seriously you really need to sit back and ask yourself are you too serious about life? You know something like this can never happen so why get so worked up over it. It is things like this that can add fuel to those who hate religious people because of such an over reaction to various things. Kind of like being watching for every devil around every corner.

It's just propaganda from the Iranian goverment...

2013/4/12 10:41Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

Hopefully this comment will put the fuel and fire out (for good)

But time will tell (sometimes people want to Go on with it)

I actually agree with most of the replies and responses.

And there are way more important issues than this. (agreed)

It was a story i saw - and the science - of where mankind often attempts to go is often interesting ...though at times macarbe - and weird.
(and vain) totally vain in many ways:

(hence romans chapter one saying - inventors of evil things)

Uh huh uh huh ..

Hence the term wierd science ( i used) is also fitting.

Any kind of news reporting one conveys can result in getting.a spanking
from your viewers (but it goes with the territory of co - reporting) i suppose.

Therefore i have to brace myself for good and negative responses ( and wear it) when i deliver newsvarticles

As would the media or any journourlist (would)

I accept this (fully)

You cant please everyone - and everyone - has an opinion.

But that said it has NOT detered me from news reporting at all (no sir)

Move on though? (er yep)

next article please...

No big deal (in that sense)

Finally to those who engaged this thread - i would say this though.

and it does bear repeating:

hearken...

The idea of the internet, mobile phones, smart t.v's, Gps sat navs, flights to the moon, , outer space travel - would have been laughed to scorn 1000 years ago - And seemed somewhat IMPOSSIBLE! (true) be honest?

As is a time machine.

But yet we have all of the above (bar the time machine)

as for taking life too - seriously

I'd choose that in a heart beat OVER sarcasm (any day of the week)

If it came down to a choice between the two

Absolutely.

Sarcasm has landed some personalties lately in (huge trouble) HUGE.

2013/4/19 5:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy