SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Critics slam Obama for "protecting" Monsanto

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

If The Farmers that bordered the farm that I grew up on had been wrapped up in Jesus in the 60s and 70s,.. than they would have felt an unction, a conviction within themselves,.. that they would have heeded to rather than the rational arguments of the time... I believe an unction would have told them Not to spray their farms with Agent Orange but they heeded to no unction to no conviction even though many where probably Christian. And in so doing (spraying their farms) they dumped the demonic poisons next to the very well that my Grandparents drank from.
the effects are still effecting many unto this generation.
I have noticed Several of the farmers that polluted their ground with this poison and continued to live on their farm have died from brain cancer.

Had they listened for the unction the conviction within them, which is the Kingdom, than I believe God would have clearly warned them to not spray thousands of acres with Agent Orange/ dioxin even though their is no scripture prof text Per se that says though shalt not dump Agent Orange/ dioxin on your land

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-900&va=dioxin+agent+orange

If We feel a conviction about a subject than we should heed to that conviction rather or not we can make a rational argument in its defence.

I believe also that it is perfectly right to discuss such convictions amoungst the Brethren.

I hope everyone can see the parallel that I was trrying to make.

2013/4/11 13:21Profile

Re:

But I thought tbis forum was to promote Christ centered revival. But then maybe eating organic foods wil bring Christ centered revival. Much easier then praying for it.

Bearmaster.

2013/4/11 13:31
MaryJane

Re:

edited:I have decided to leave this thread and remove my last post. I do not want this to become a stumbling block in my walk with HIM or others. Better to bow out instead.

Proudpapa I just wanted to say that I did understand what you were attempting to share about seeking the LORD. I did not feel like you were saying anything about having to eat organic. I appreciate your heart in wanting to share this with us, I know some moms who because of their love for their children are paying attention to this as well.

As in all things prayer is the answer and seeking JESUS in all things that we do.

God bless
maryjane

2013/4/11 13:52Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Proudpapa,

Yes , I too believe that it is perfectly good to be able to discuss the concerns that we have. I am grateful that we can. We all have concerns
that we might need to discuss.

I sure do hope,that I did not offend you,by taking this in another
direction.,....
it is not my desire or intention to offend.
And I too,appreciate you.

Sincerely,
elizabeth

2013/4/11 16:18Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by Elibeth on 2013/4/11 10:18:43

Proudpapa,

Yes , I too believe that it is perfectly good to be able to discuss the concerns that we have. I am grateful that we can. We all have concerns

direction.,....

Sincerely,
elizabeth

Greetings elizabeth,

I was not going to post anymore but then I read your post and wanted to make sure that you know I also appreciated what you shared. I do think we can talk and pray with each other over these things and keep the heart of love for one another while we do. I felt your posts showed this to be true.

And now I will leave again Well unless HE brings me back :)
God bless
Maryjane

2013/4/11 16:28Profile
proudpapa

Re:

bearmaster wrote :///by bearmaster on 2013/4/11 10:31:22
But I thought tbis forum was to promote Christ centered revival. But then maybe eating organic foods wil bring Christ centered revival. Much easier then praying for it.
Bearmaster.///

Is what you wrote here intended as mockery ?

2013/4/11 17:48Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Elibeth wrote ///by Elibeth on 2013/4/11 10:18:43

Proudpapa,

direction.,....

Sincerely,
elizabeth///

no offence taken, I am very appreciative and blessed by many of your post.

2013/4/11 18:04Profile
proudpapa

Re:

MaryJane wrote ///Proudpapa I just wanted to say that I did understand what you were attempting to share about seeking the LORD. I did not feel like you were saying anything about having to eat organic. I appreciate your heart in wanting to share this with us, I know some moms who because of their love for their children are paying attention to this as well.

As in all things prayer is the answer and seeking JESUS in all things that we do.

God bless
maryjane///

Thankyou, for your input maryjane.

2013/4/11 18:23Profile
proudpapa

Re:

from the artical Science Fiction Horror Story
by Michael Pearl

What does God say about modifying his creation?

“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good” (Genesis 1:27, 31).

Can you believe it? God designs his human creation after his own image, tailors the plant and herbs to the exact food specifications humans and animals require, and then pronounces that it is all very good. And what do scientists do? They say, “It is good, but not good enough; we can do better,” and then proceed to re-create what God created. It produces havoc, and they forge ahead undaunted in their “mission.” They are like four-year-old children dismantling a computer to improve upon it.

I say with the Psalmist, “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought [like needlework] in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them” (Psalm 139:14-15).

If the above verse says anything, it says that before we were born, God designed the very substance of our beings, recording the design in a book, and then fashioned us after that secret design. We are awesome and wonderful in design, a marvelous work of God. Who could dare to improve upon the master design of the God of creation?

Clear prohibition against modifying God’s creation:

“Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled” (Deut 22:9).

Note, God did not want his original seeds mixed so as to cause them to lose their inherent uniqueness. The result of mixing seeds produces a seed that was “defiled”.

“Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed” (Leviticus 19:19). Again, God is concerned to maintain the seed’s and the cattle’s original character.

“And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good” (Genesis 1:11-12). God designed everything to bring forth after its singular kind, and neither a mixed kind, nor a new kind.

We live in strange times, when man has begun to move into God’s laboratory and is attempting to sabotage his design and change the very structure of creation. They dream of cloning humans, mix human and animal genes, throw in a few plant genes and come up with a Frankenstein monster. Science fiction has become a vision for tomorrow.

There was an earlier time, about 1800 years after creation, when men pooled their knowledge and built a city and a tower to reach unto heaven.“And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.” (Genesis 11:6). This is a fascinating verse. God concedes that when many people combine their knowledge, they will not be restrained from accomplishing their wildest imaginations. So he divided them into diverse language groups to prevent them from conferring and sharing their knowledge and skills. That language barrier God put into place is now obsolete. Scientists of the world cooperate and share their knowledge. We are again at the place where “nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.”

But God will have the last say in the Great Tribulation “which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth” (Rev. 3:10). “And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth” (Rev. 11:18). I have never been sure what this passage referred to—“God destroys them which destroy the earth.” Surely it is not killing the snail darter or wiping out the buffalo that has angered God to the point of exercising “great wrath” upon all flesh. Nothing man has ever done is one percent as destructive as permanently changing the DNA of God’s creation. Look out Monsanto, Dupont: here comes the Judge!

http://www.bulkherbstore.com/articles/science-fiction-horror-story

2013/4/11 19:04Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Proudpapa,

" What does God say about man modifying His creation ? "

By Michael Pearl

Thank you for causing me to ponder this.

blessings,

elizabeth

2013/4/12 18:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy