SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Mark of the Beast or The Seal of God?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sscr01

The Mark of the Beast or The Seal of God?

Rome says."Of course the Catholic Church claims the change was her act...and the act is a MARK of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters." Thomas, H.F.Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons, in answer to a letter regarding the change of the Sabbath.

Again, Rome says, "It's (Sunday's change for Saturday) THE MARK OF OUR AUTHORITY TO OVER-RULE GOD'S LAW." Father Enright, C.S.S.R. President of Redemptorist College, Kansas City, Mo., History of the Sabbath, page 802.

"Sunday is our MARK OF AUTHORITY...The church is ABOVE THE BIBLE, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." The Catholic Record, Sept.1,1923.

"The Bible says, 'Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day.' The Catholic Church says, 'No! by my DIVINE POWER I abolish the Sabbath day, and command you to keep holy the first day of the week. And, lo! The entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the holy Catholic Church." Father Enright.

George Bush, President of the United States - (the seal of the presidency). The fourth commandment identifies the LORD, CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH - the SEAL OF GOD!!!
Will we follow the beast or honor the Lord?

The forehead represents the mind (Hebrews 10:16) Who will we worship, to whom will we give our allegiance? The hand is a symbol of work (Ecclesiastes 9:10). Will we work on The Lord's Day?

It's ONLY a day, right? To Eve, it was ONLY a tree! "Choose ye this day whom you will serve."

Our Creator said in the beginning, "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day, God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." (Genesis 2:1-3)

Jesus warned us over and over in Matthew 24 concerning deception at the end of time. What did Jesus teach concerning the temple? That he was the temple (John 2:19). Paul said that we are the temple of God (1 Co.3:16). Why are we focusing on Jerusalem??? "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth IN THE TEMPLE of God, shewing himself that he is God." (2 Thess.2:3,4).

Dear friends, the Scripture must be our only authority. "Let God be true and every man a liar."

2005/3/12 1:36Profile

Re: The Mark of the Beast or The Seal of God?

I'm not sure what your point is, other than advocating that Saturday is the rest day of the bible not Sunday. Are you tryin to fit that into scriptures about the mark of the beast which you neglected to put up?

As a new testiment christian, I am free or at liberty from keeping certain days and Sabbaths. However, I am not free to disobey God. If I am led by the Spirit of God, He will always lead me within the framework of God's law, ie, in obedience to God's law. I cannot use my liberty as an occasion of the flesh, nor can I use it as a stumbling block for you or anyone else.

See, if we say we are sabbath keepers, then someone must decide how it is kept. The bible tells us how the jews kept it, but we are not jews. So, as soon as I declair how I think it should be kept and preach that to you, what I am doing is creating a religious dogma for you to follow. That is not be led by the Holy Spirit either. God hates religion.

If you ask me what my conviction is on this issue, then I am at liberty to share that with you, in love of course.

Finally, for 2 thousand years, man has tried to make "modern day circumstances" fit the word of God on end time events. For example, the bible says that mens flesh will be consumed off their bones before they hit the ground. Other than a sovereign work of God, there was nothing known to man that could do that, until the neutron bomb came along. If you do a bit of research, you will find that one it's unique characteristics is that it will consume the flesh off bones before they can fall to the ground.

The other thing you mentioned is the mark of the beast. It first began a few years ago as small chip about the size of a grain of rice, placed in the kneck of an animal for tagging purposes. Recently it came to light as a way of tagging aged people with serious medical problems. Soon it will be the universal identification devise that not only will mark you as an individual, but it will also be your only means of exchange. You will not be able to use any other means to purchase goods and food. Instead of scanning a plastic card with an information strip, you will pass your hand or your forehead in front of a detector that will ID you and complete any transaction on the spot. This will prevent ID theft. This will eliminate cash crimes like robbery, drugs, prostitution and so forth. It is just a matter of a very short time that this will come to pass. Anyone who takes this "mark" will be eternally lost and without redemption.

100 years ago, all of this technology was not comprehensible, and yet here is it before us today. Now I don't have to speculate about what "is" and try it make it fit "what shall be". It "is" right before our very eyes.

I do hope this makes sense. I would be happy to discuss it with you further if you like.

BTW, if you are SDA, it would be more fruitful for you here to just say so. I'm not saying that I disagree with you, but am just suggesting that you would be more apt to have some edifying fellowship by being straightforward about it. Most mature christians can spot you a mile off because as soon as you come into fellowship, you want to start talking about sabbath keeping.

You might also want to declare straight up whether or not you feel you are justified by sabbath keeping or not. Your views will be respected as well as your right to speak. Some will likely disagree with you, but you already know that before you came in here. Just a thought.

Since Jesus is the head of the Church, I would certainly agree with you, the Holy Scriptures do have authority over the doctrines of men. Let God be True, and every man a liar, amen.

God bless you and keep you, lead you and guide you, and may His revelation light shine upon you, in Jesus' Holy Name I pray. Amen and amen.

2005/3/13 8:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy