SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Learning not to rush HIS work...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Learning not to rush HIS work...

I have been praying for awhile for some in my family to see their need for CHRIST, to repent and come to the LORD. It is a difficult lesson to learn to be patient and wait upon the LORD. I see the the storm clouds gathering and I want to hurry them up and get them saved...I realize this may not be GODS plan though. My time frame is not HIS time frame and I must learn in all things to wait upon the LORD. It is very difficult to resist the urge to run ahead and even rush the work HE is doing in their lives so that I can feel better. I forget sometimes that as in my own walk with HIM there is a work to be done first. Its not just about "getting them saved" there work that needs to be done and only HIS capable hand can do it. How often have I said things, or behaved in such a way that may actually have hindered those very ones I had been praying for coming to CHRIST all because I attempted to do things in self instead of waiting on the LORD.

A very difficult lesson to learn, but a valuable one for sure. All things according to HIS will and plan not my own! I am learning what it means to wait upon the LORD, what it means to trust HIM with those I love and to at times be still knowing to speak only when HE has given me words to do so...I am learning not to "rush HIS work"

Just thought I would share
God bless
mj

2013/4/8 16:20Profile
MaryJane

Faith is not a mood

Faith is not a mood, nor a feeling. FAITH IS WILLINGNESS TO TAKE HOLD OF GOD’S LIVING WORD AND KEEP HOLD OF IT UNTIL IT TURNS INTO SUBSTANCE.... just as the soil must keep hold of the seed and stay true to the seed until the full-grown plant, locked in that tiny seed, has materialized.” (excerpt from the booklet By Faith)

God Bless
maryjane

2013/4/11 8:19Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Learning not to rush HIS work...

Very good words, MaryJane.

It is difficult to practice the words of I Corinthians 13 instructing us that "love is patient." We will reap the harvest if we "faint not."

I knew a woman who prayed for her dad to be saved. She was a believer (as was her mother). They were faithful to God and just waiting for the dad to get saved. They invited him to many "revival meetings" that had no noticeable effect on his heart. Eventually, they lived without knowing if he would ever turn to Christ.

One day, the dad was attending a church meeting when the minister asked those who needed to prayer to come up to the front. Without any indication that he was thinking of such a thing, this dad and husband went to the front. He gave his life to Jesus and has been walking with God ever since.

It took a long time for this to happen. In fact, the man was nearly 70 yrs old when he finally turned to Christ. However, something was triggered in his heart during that meeting that caused him to do so. Something was surely happening over a period of years that culminated with that decision for Christ, but it didn't come to fruition until that meeting.

It is difficult to think that we sometimes must wait for so long for God's work. Like you said, we can't "rush" God's work -- because it then becomes a product of our own effort (rather than something that belongs to the Lord).

His answers sometimes seem to come so slowly...but they always come on time.

Thank you for this reminder!

2013/4/11 19:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy