SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : STOP ., Thief !

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
egrow

Dayton, Texas

STOP ., Thief !

Why don't churches pay taxes like everyone else? Jesus paid his taxes and told us to do the same!

Mat 22:21 and Mat 12:17
Luke 20: 22- 25

2013/3/20 20:11Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re: STOP ., Thief !

This isn't unique to churches. All charitable organizations have historically been exempt from taxes in America. If churches are required to pay taxes in the future I would think that they would comply. I would not consider this thievery.

2013/3/20 23:27Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

Not only that ...but some churches ...agree to pay the taxes.
of the preachers/ pastor (salary) in effect picking up the tab (as it were)

The tax free exemtion mainly applicable to the overall revenue generated
as an organization.

Oddly though ...the givers themselves ...to that overall revenue.

Are not exempt from the weekly "tithe" that many churches still practice:

life has many ironies...

I suppose.

2013/3/21 0:05Profile
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re: STOP ., Thief !

Earl,

"Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."

Even though America* doesn't have a Caesar (a king), the government has not made any demands on churches to pay taxes therefore there is nothing to render.

If you are accusing American churches of larceny for not paying a tax which is not due, then I strongly encourage you to recant your slanderous statement and repent.

Grace and peace,
Matthew

*I speak only of American government since I have little or no knowledge of how other countries are governed.

2013/3/21 0:24Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Planned Parenthood doesn't pay taxes...and they are the organization that slaughters unborn children (even taking money from taxpayers for their heinous deeds). Gay activist organizations don't pay taxes and use the media to spread their "if you don't agree then you're homophobic" propaganda.

The list of radical organizations that don't pay taxes is huge -- and they don't do nearly the amount of "good" that churches typically do (feeding and clothing the hungry, visiting those in hospitals, etc...).

I always found it odd when Liberal groups point at churches for not paying taxes yet applaud Planned Parenthood or their local GLBT organization for a "job well done." I am not saying that anyone here is "liberal," but there are so many voices in the world complaining about tax exemption for churches yet are remarkably silent when it comes to abortion mills, gay activist organizations, the local astronomy club or any other non-profit group.

2013/3/21 1:17Profile
egrow

Dayton, Texas

Re:

Why hasn't the goverment reqired taxes from church and why hasn't churches agreed to pay taxes, because that's what Jesus did?
oR Do we wait for the goverment to ask first before we follow the Word?

2013/3/21 13:36Profile
egrow

Dayton, Texas

Re:

I don't applied plan parenthood, nor am I a group! I believe that everyone should pay taxes, because that's what the Word says!

2013/3/21 13:38Profile
egrow

Dayton, Texas

Re:

Christians aren't living in the world, so what the world does, doesn't affect us or it's NOT suppose too.

2013/3/21 13:41Profile
proudpapa

Re:

///Why hasn't the goverment reqired taxes from church and why hasn't churches agreed to pay taxes, because that's what Jesus did?
oR Do we wait for the goverment to ask first before we follow the Word?///

Had the Government not required Jesus to pay taxes, He would have been more than happy not to pay.

His concern was not that if He did not pay tribute to Ceaser, that he was some how robbing Ceaser.

His concern was that certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, where trying to catch him in his words.

2013/3/21 14:03Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi egrow:

Quote:

I don't applied plan parenthood, nor am I a group! I believe that everyone should pay taxes, because that's what the Word says!

I think that the problem here (if there is one) is in the premise that the Church doesn't pay taxes. The Church is not an organization, it is a body. This body is made up of PEOPLE. The people who make up the Church in America pay their taxes.

Does that make sense?

2013/3/21 15:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy