SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Warren’s Ecumenical Call to Fast, Pray for Cardinals Seeking New Pope Called ‘Real Tragedy’

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Warren’s Ecumenical Call to Fast, Pray for Cardinals Seeking New Pope Called ‘Real Tragedy’

"An evangelical ministry that has worked for over 20 years to share the Gospel with Roman Catholics is expressing concern over a ecumenical Tweet that author and megachurch pastor Rick Warren posted early this morning.

At 2:57 a.m., Warren sent out the following call to his over 900,000 followers on Twitter: “Join me today in fasting and prayer for the 115 Cardinals seeking God’s Will in a new leader.”

Since posting the Tweet, which was re-Tweeted over 170 times as of press time and favorited over 80 times, and is being shared widely in a screen shot photograph on Facebook, his comment has received response from both sides of the issue."

rest of article here: http://christiannews.net/2013/03/12/warrens-ecumenical-call-to-fast-pray-for-cardinals-seeking-new-pope-called-real-tragedy/

2013/3/12 23:30Profile

Re: Warren’s Ecumenical Call to Fast, Pray for Cardinals Seeking New Pope Called ‘Rea

Saints, there is a great whore church coming, and we have seen it unfolding now for quite some time. The storm of persecution that is heading towards the Body of Christ will culminate at the culmination of the great whore church, undoubtedly led by Catholicism. For century after century, the Catholic church, in a demonic alignment with the state, hunted down and tortured and killed our brothers and sisters, and believed themselves to be doing the work of God in the process. There is no doubt in my mind that much of evangelicalism will be swallowed up into the coming whore church. Back in the 90s we saw that evangelical leaders signed a pact where they agreed not to shares the Gospel with Catholics. Can you imagine, a pact not to share the Gospel with a sixth of the planet? Gods work? You decide. The writer of the article Oracio posted is an ex-Catholic, as am I and there are quite a few on SI...........bro Frank

2013/3/13 7:20
MaryJane

Re:

Frank wrote:Saints, there is a great whore church coming, and we have seen it unfolding now for quite some time. The storm of persecution that is heading towards the Body of Christ will culminate at the culmination of the great whore church, undoubtedly led by Catholicism. For century after century, the Catholic church, in a demonic alignment with the state, hunted down and tortured and killed our brothers and sisters, and believed themselves to be doing the work of God in the process. There is no doubt in my mind that much of evangelicalism will be swallowed up into the coming whore church. Back in the 90s we saw that evangelical leaders signed a pact where they agreed not to shares the Gospel with Catholics. Can you imagine, a pact not to share the Gospel with a sixth of the planet? Gods work? You decide. The writer of the article Oracio posted is an ex-Catholic, as am I and there are quite a few on SI...........bro Frank

I was thinking about this not to long ago as I was considering what to share with my mother. It occurred to me at that time what if in times of coming persecution it is my own mother that might turn me in for sharing the truth with her. I don't believe she would ever do this out of anger or hatred for me but in her deception she might truly believe it best because her loyalty to the RCC is so strong. I thought about how I might react if that were ever to be the case. We always think about persecution coming from an outside source about some government persons coming for us but what if its a beloved family member thinking they are doing right that comes to take us away. After all JESUS was betrayed with kiss by Judas. Times indeed are growing darker and we need to be in prayer to stand in the trails that may yet come...

Thank you both for sharing these things. As an ex-Catholic I do keep praying for those lost in this dead religion including my mother whom I love so very much.

God bless
maryjane

2013/3/13 8:29Profile

Re:

Hi sister MJ. I wonder if you and your husband are on Facebook? I am reaching out right now to an old Catholic school friend. It would be good to have some more " ex Catholics ," share with him as well. Perhaps also it may be helpful to you in how to share with your mother. If you guys are not on FB, e-mail me and I will copy and paste my interactions with him. I love Catholics, I really do. So many are caught up in the sheer ignorance of it all but are open to some decent questions. I do believe, that when push comes to shove, our family members would give us up thinking that it may help us. I know in the wider family circle of mine, there has always been a deep resentment towards my mother and father and I becoming Christians. My grandmother, who was quite old at the time, almost gave her heart to the Lord. She was in quite an agony of conviction and was in a desperate battle with her Catholicism. She was a Scotch/Irish Catholic who went to Chapel 7 days a week when she could. Long story short, my aunt had her committed and brought the priest in. The battle was lost. She later died in her sins. Its a shocking but true story. Undoubtedly my aunt believed she was doing God's work...........bro Frank

2013/3/13 10:43
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Frank said, "There is no doubt in my mind that much of evangelicalism will be swallowed up into the coming whore church."

The mystery of iniquity is certainly working overtime these days! Here's a link to an article in Christianity Today called A Pope For All Christians.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2013/april/pope-for-all-christians.html

2013/3/13 11:20Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

no1 will ever be my pope. read the writings of the reformers in regards to the papacy, and then read what the vast majority of evangelical leaders today write about the papacy. how the mighty have fallen.

i'll pray for the cardinals and the new pope. i'll pray that they get saved and stop their religious foolishness.

2013/3/13 11:48Profile
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

Don't know if enough to disagree, but my spirit sides with you. That being said, what harm can come from praying that God guides them? I would venture to say that only good would come from asking God to work on behalf of His Kingdom. We're told in Romans that it is God who sets leaders in their place.

2013/3/13 17:28Profile
romanchog

Re:

Appolus wrote: //For century after century, the Catholic church, in a demonic alignment with the state, hunted down and tortured and killed our brothers and sisters, and believed themselves to be doing the work of God in the process. There is no doubt in my mind that much of evangelicalism will be swallowed up into the coming whore church.//

It is always amazing to me how many times this is said here on SI WITHOUT also saying that the Protestant Church has ALSO done the SAME thing. If you are going to cite the past murders of the Catholic Church to condemn them TODAY, you must also cite the past murders of the Protestant church and condemn it today or you will be guilty of hypocrisy.

It is also amazing to me that we keep saying that Catholics are not Christians (which I am sure most are not) without also saying that most of the people in Protestant churches are not Christians either.

Appolus said://The storm of persecution that is heading towards the Body of Christ will culminate at the culmination of the great whore church, undoubtedly led by Catholicism.//

I am sure that both the Catholic AND Protestant churches will be part of the great persecution that is to come. To be honest, the Catholics are less likely to persecute you for your beliefs on homosexuality and abortion and even women in the pulpit than are your Protestant churches. That is something that they are unwavering about. I know they are idolaters, but are we not all idolaters?

For the record, I am not Catholic, have never been Catholic and in fact came to Christ as an adult from a non-Christian cult. I learned Church history from Protestants so I did not learn about the persecution done by Protestants until fairly recently and felt that I had been lied to.

2013/3/13 21:54Profile

Re: Warren’s Ecumenical Call to Fast, Pray for Cardinals Seeking New Pope Called ‘Rea

Quote:
It is always amazing to me how many times this is said here on SI WITHOUT also saying that the Protestant Church has ALSO done the SAME thing. If you are going to cite the past murders of the Catholic Church to condemn them TODAY, you must also cite the past murders of the Protestant church and condemn it today or you will be guilty of hypocrisy.

Well murder is murder no matter by whom or when. The idea however, of somehow holding Roman Catholics today responsible for the sins of previous generations is probably a little misleading. The reality is much darker than that and has to do with what is possible when those who believe they are serving God decide or else are encouraged to hate others who are said to be enemies of truth. How one falls down on that argument will be a matter of whether we ourselves as individuals are being led and whether we will have the courage to stand as well as to resists deception. The reality however, of the genocide of millions of men and women, both Jews and Gentiles by Rome in Central Europe over a period of 300 years or so, is so gross and dark that it can scarcely be comprehended. Though it is without doubt foolish to write this way, the Protestant resistance and murder of Roman Catholics by comparison is very small indeed.

It may therefore appear strange to say that I love Roman Catholics and respect their reasonable ambition to hold onto traditional values and institutions. I would even gladly have supper with the Pope and have no difficulty in calling him Lord Bishop as would be due to his rank, from the mouth of a non Roman Catholic. I also believe that the Roman Catholic Church is a true church. Which runs very contrary to most protestants thinkers who are still protestors. Every tenet of the centrality of the gospel of grace is evident in Rome, and I have certain knowledge that hundreds of priests and many thousands of Roman Catholics have come to a knowledge of Christ crucified for sin. Of these the majority come out of Rome. Only in recent years has this “coming out” been stemmed by reason of the seeming acceptance by Rome of a more evangelical faith. There are other reasons as well. The simple point is this. Don’t make assumptions about who you think a man is because he has a certain objection to blasphemy and heresy in Christ’ name. If this seems contradictory then so be it. Rome is a true church, it is also apostate and blasphemous. In like manner Israel to whom Christ came, were true Israel and not pretenders. This did not change because they were apostate when He came. It simply meant they did not comprehend Him.

2013/3/13 22:35

Re:

Hi Romanchog,

You make a general statement about things not having been said before. You are wrong about SI and about myself. I have written more about evangelicals being part of the whore church than I have about Catholicism. If I had been around 500 years ago I would have been an ana-baptist, a group of people greatly persecuted by the reformers, and again I have written about it. I also gave the founder of this website a book entitled " Mary Dyer," a woman tortured and killed by the puritans for having a personal faith in Jesus and claiming to speak to Him.

For the record I am an ex Catholic, born and raised in an Irish Catholic family in the West Coast of Scotland, my family being Catholics for hundreds of years if not all of their history. So it is always interesting to hear someone claim that Catholicism is a real Church. It is a clear sign , and I make no apologies for this, that those who say that are simply ignorant of the Catholic church and doctrine. Can I ask my brother from England who admittedly is not a Catholic, if he can explain to us here about the central doctrine of the Catholic church which stands as proud now as it always has, transubtansiation? This was typically the question, answered in-correctly, that would get you burned.
And Arm, what do you know of the belief of Mary as co-redemtrix ? Purgatory? The fact that there is no salvation outside of the Catholic church unless one found Christ in ignorance of the Catholic teaching, then as soon as one is informed, that one must bow the knee to the Pope as the teaching authority of Christ on earth who speaks infallibly on matters of faith and morals? To say nothing of one needing to sanctified in order to justified, and the only way for sanctification is through the sacraments. What, if any of this is truth ARM? On what grounds do you call the Catholic church a True church?

This notion that Catholicism is a mere branch of Christianity flies in the face of the truth of Scripture not just in one but in every major fundamental doctrinal truth. As far as killing folks in the name of Jesus, whoever you are, you can be sure that it comes from the depths of hell. Its Jesus's followers who are killed, they are never the ones doing the killing.......... bro Frank

2013/3/13 23:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy