SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Unconcious Christianity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Unconcious Christianity

The essence of unconscious Christianity is being unaware of your true spiritual state. By that, I do not mean your standing before God, nor do I mean carnal Christianity, if there is such a thing. I mean, a man must never believe that he has arrived. How many of us have thought we have learned a lesson, only to fail the very same lesson days later? What great things the Lord does when a man does not even realize he is being used. The greatest humility comes when we look full into His face. When we look at worship, worship vanishes, when we look at humility, pride finds a way in. In looking at any of the virtues of Christianity, one must take his eyes of Jesus and look to the left or to the right in front or behind. Yet to look into the face of Jesus and see the glory of God, this is where we are rightly shaped.............bro Frank

2013/3/8 9:44
MaryJane

Re: Unconcious Christianity

Frank you wrote: By that, I do not mean your standing before God, nor do I mean carnal Christianity, if there is such a thing. I mean, a man must never believe that he has arrived.

I have come to this same understanding...my eyes must remain fixed on HIM! There will never be a time when I can say to myself, "I have learned enough and am now able to stand on my own." This kind of thinking is truly deadly and only serves to puff up self and to take us away from the LORD. How like the enemy or self to think that I no longer have need of JESUS. NO! NO! It will never be so, JESUS IS ALL and my need for HIM only increases with each step we take together!

THank you for such a timely word it has blessed me all the more this morning and is more answer to prayer.

God bless
maryjane

2013/3/8 9:59Profile

Re:

Sis MJ writes........

"NO! It will never be so, JESUS IS ALL and my need for HIM only increases with each step we take together!" amen sister........bro Frank

2013/3/8 17:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy