SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : CONVINCED AND CONVICTED - David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 CONVINCED AND CONVICTED - David Wilkerson

We are not saved by the law but we are convinced and convicted of our sin by the law. "For by the law is the knowledge of sin" (Romans 3:20).

The law was sent "that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God" (Romans 3:19). "The law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith" (Galatians 3:24).

"The law is holy... and just, and good. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceedingly sinful" (Romans 7:12-13).

Paul was saying, "I couldn't really confess my sins until I knew they were sins. I couldn't seek after the holiness of God until I saw how far from Him I was. The law hit home to me, destroying my nonchalance about sin. When I saw God's holiness by His commandments, sin became utterly sinful to me."

That is the conviction that drives you straight to the arms of Christ, crying, "Mercy, Lord! I can't save myself, I can't fulfill Your law. I've seen the sin of my heart!"

Faith has been defined as "the flight of a convicted, repentant sinner unto the mercy of God in Christ Jesus." Only the person who has been convicted of his sins by the law of God will "flee to Christ" for refuge.

On the day of Pentecost Peter stood and offered the crowds the gospel of God's grace. But first he put them under the blazing light of the law. He pointed his finger and said, "Ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain [Him]" (Acts 2:23). The people were pricked in their hearts, so utterly convicted by the Word of God they cried out, "What shall we do?" (verse 37).

Adam was given the gospel of grace—after his "eyes were opened" (see Genesis 3:7). It was only after he had seen his pitiful condition and the consequences of his sin that God brought to him the message of mercy and hope!

2013/3/2 9:13Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re: CONVINCED AND CONVICTED - David Wilkerson

Im so tired of people (even ministers) who say the Law is done away with

The law has no place in N.T times.

The law is a curse

The law is made void, obselete, dis-annulled:.

Translate law - to torah ( and be done with) some would say:

take the law out of all modern new bibles ( one preacher )
said ( as law is a mis translation) by king james translators

But do we make void the law ? God forbid, nay rather we establish.

The law is holy, just , and Good.

We know the law is good, if a man use it lawfully.

by law is the knowledge of sin (sinners are convinced and convicted by Gods standard of right and wrong)

God standard stops every mouth

and leaves the whole world guilty.

if conviction were only based on the laws of the land ...then only law offenders, criminal types (malefactors) would feel they had a case to answer for, and be convicted ...but if sin is based on Gods laws then an entirely different matter.As in effect were all guilty and haven fallen short!

(that is why Law -God's law - still serves the purpose of bringing the knowledge of Sin to the unsaved) if sin were determined by the laws of
the land only...this would not be enough ( to stop every mouth and leave the world guilty.

Hence. the law still has and serves a place. yea even in N.T times

God still desires that the RIGHTEOUS OF THE LAW be fulfilled in us, and he's made this possible through the imputed righteousness of christ.

Jesus fulfilled all the law (making it possible) to be accepted in the eyes of God, through the righteousness of Christ ( indeed)

that said God's righteousness doesnt come by law
we need his grace, as no one could keep all the law.
but christ did! and in christ now (as this is grace) we can have the righteousness of the law imputeded unto us. (glory be)
something unattainable, isvnow made possible!!!

Therefore The law ever stands and serves to do this one thing?

i had not known sin ( i had NOT known Sin)

except that the LAW had said. " you shall not covet"

And so by law ...is the knowledge of sin

by law: right and wrong is defined by gods perfect holy standard

and not Man's and not ours.

we are all weighed in the balances and found wanting, under the scrutiny of God's law ...which both convinces and convicts of Sin.

The law reveals our UTTER depravity and his UTTER Righteousness

His purity and our - Sinfulness:

When we measure oursevles by that standard its a case of Woe is me (im undone.

Let these slick modern preachers say the Law is cursed and no Good:

However, i say keep the law and establish it, if not for no other reason than for ( the definitive reason of) bringing mankind to a knowledge of sin - and of making him fully aware that we've all come - short of the Glory of God:

Amen and amen

2013/3/2 9:39Profile

Re: CONVINCED AND CONVICTED - David Wilkerson

For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus. Romans 2:12-16

Reflecting on the issue before us now it came to me just yesterday that the most perfect thing any man can do is to preach such a message in the fullness of understanding that men and women are pierced by it and are left thereafter with only one possible response. May the Lord grant us the opportunity to both know ourselves as well to preach the fullness of Christ that all who hear will cry out “what must I do” to which we can say with pure joy “believe in Christ crucified for sin”. Such a day will do away with all contentions and bring in the kingdom of heaven in power and visibility.

Such a day will be given us. Let it not pass us by.

Thanks for posting this message by David Wilkerson Greg. Very timely and in the spirit brother.

2013/3/2 10:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy