SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : TOTAL TRUST IN CHRIST - David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 TOTAL TRUST IN CHRIST - David Wilkerson

When I speak of total trust in Christ, I mean not only trust in His saving power, but trust in His keeping power. We must trust His Spirit to make our life conform to His—that is, to keep us in Christ.

At one time you were alienated, cut off from God by wicked works. So, what good work did you do to make things right with Him? None! No one has ever been able to make himself holy. Rather, we are brought into Christ's holiness by faith alone, by accepting what God's Word says: "Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy" (1 Peter 1:16).

Yes, He wants your practical, daily walk to measure up to your faith walk. But the fact is, we have to believe Him even for that. We must trust in His promise to give us the Holy Spirit and He will conform us to Christ's likeness in our daily walk.

"And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: if ye continue in the faith" (Colossians 1:21-23).

"If you continue in the faith." Please note that Jesus is saying, "Just continue trusting in Me, living by faith, and I will present you as clean and faultless, holy before the Father." That is the sanctifying work of the Holy Ghost.

No one Christian is holier than another, because there are no degrees of holiness—only degrees of maturity in Christ. You can be a baby Christian and still be absolutely holy in Jesus. We are all measured by one standard—the holiness of Christ. If we are in Christ, His holiness is ours in equal measure.

You must never again look at another Christian leader or layperson and say, "Oh, I wish I were as holy as he is." You may not have that person's prayer life; you may make more mistakes than he does; but he is no more accepted by the Father than you are. You are to compare yourself to no one—because no one is more loved in the eyes of the Father than you!

2013/2/20 11:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy