SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Dallas Megachurch of Robert Jeffress to Open $130 Million Campus in March

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Dallas Megachurch of Robert Jeffress to Open $130 Million Campus in March

Congregants of the First Baptist Church of Dallas will be praising God in a gleaming $130 million facility come Easter Sunday, March 31, when the church opens its new state-of-the-art campus after nearly two years under construction.

At a time when suburban megachurches are the norm and research shows that many people no longer feel the Church is relevant, First Baptist is committed to the Bible and to downtown Dallas," said Jeffress in a statement. "People are hungry not for religion but for the Word of God. First Baptist Dallas is built on the Bible, and because of that we are growing."

The new First Baptist Church of Dallas campus will be part of an effort to revitalize downtown Dallas, which recently included the debut of several multimillion-dollar museums, theaters and parks.

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/dallas-megachurch-of-robert-jeffress-to-open-130-million-campus-in-march-90086/

2013/2/18 8:09Profile

Re: Dallas Megachurch of Robert Jeffress to Open $130 Million Campus in March

And where is Jesus in the midst of this??????? Is this wwhat the Son of God meant when He said upon this rock I will build my church???????

Bearmaster.

2013/2/18 8:20
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Bearmaster,

are you serious?

Why would Jesus not be in this?

p.s. And I'm not a baptist.

2013/2/18 8:40Profile
MaryJane

Re:

I have to agree with Bear on this. Where did the monies to build such a place come from? Will this new building, that I assume was built with tithes house the poor...feed the hungry, care for the sick...will it house the widows, cloth the naked reach the lost? I am not attempting to criticize but rather wonder at the use of GOD resources to build such a place? Perhaps many good things will come from this but it does cause me to wonder how many good things could have come from 130 million dollars. How many children could have been fed, how many widows looked after, how many poor cared for??? 130 million dollars might have gone a long way to do much good in the name of JESUS but then men would not have a beautiful cross-tower and large fountains to enjoy as they come together to worship GOD. I wonder how JESUS would have reacted, didn't HE say something about our bodies being a temple unto the LORD and that we the church were living stones that build HIS church...if that be so then why would HE need a 130 million dollar building anyway???

Just some of the questions on my heart and mind.

God bless
maryjane

2013/2/18 9:13Profile
dohzman

Bigger isn't always better , however it appears that the church has a ton of ministries helping people in various needs. here's the link if anyones interested in checking it out before making a snap judgement.
http://www.firstdallas.org

2013/2/18 9:42Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

To me I had very mixed feeling about this when I first looked at it. The thought that screamed out to me was look at this! how can that be bad, its a large testimony for christ in the downtown of a city.

Yet when I was able to think more sober-minded about this it was clearer that the purpose of Christ was not to build larger Mega Churches or even large church buildings.

And how this money could have been used for the Gospel in missions, bible distribution and tracts boggles the mind.

It is a reversal of the early church where they did not have silver of gold but the power of God. And now we "have" silver or gold or at least get in debt for millions of it and then do not have the great reliance on God.

There are few mega churches that have the right calling and balance, 2 I can easily think of are: Brooklyn Tabernacle and Times Square Church.

2013/2/18 9:48Profile
NeedHelp

Re:

John 12:3-8 (KJV)
3 Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.
4 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
7 Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.
8 For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.

Read...Ponder...consider...What are you doing for the poor? How much are you helping to get the gospel to the poor? It is easy to criticize others but we will all be judged by what measure we use toward others in trying to justify ourselves.

2013/2/18 12:32Profile

Quote:
3 Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.
4 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
7 Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.
8 For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.

Scripture quoted by needhelp

Well if anyone happens to bump into Judas Iscariot in down town Dallas remember to poke him in the eye. You'll know him by the size of his purse bulging with $130M Dollars.

2013/2/18 12:59

Re:

Brooklyn Tab Choir are going to be special guests at Dallas First Baptist for the grand opening

http://www.firstdallas.org/grandopening/

just a joke Greg... I don't know what to think personally. I can't really judge

2013/2/18 13:48
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

I am glad we do not have to be judges over such things and at the same time I am glad we do not have to endorse the idea of Mega churches. I believe the Lord is leading believers in these end times to the oppose and we have setup a website and book soon to encourage saints to gather in 2-3 believers or more under the headship of Jesus Christ:

www.gospelfellowships.net

2013/2/18 14:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy