SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Madatory mental health checks...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Madatory mental health checks...

Greetings
I do not often post about news events here on SI but something has been shared with me and I have been praying on it for a couple of weeks now.

In the state of CT many have heard the news of the tragedy that occurred in Newtown at Sandy Hook elementary school this past December. Because of this terrible act of sin happening there are now at least four bills being proposed in the state legislation of CT. to force parents to have their children mandatory screening for mental health issues yearly beginning at a very young age and continuing on until they reach 17. This bill would of course affect homeschooled children as well but that is not the main concern over these bills. The issue at stake here is the government having control over our children and further infringing upon parental rights. The concern is having a secular group of people sit over my child, ask them questions about whatever they like, and then determine if he is "Well" according to the worlds standard. This to me is a frightening thing. I will admit I do wonder if the fact that my child being raised as a Christian would come under attack in such a screening process. I also wonder where a bill like this might lead, how far off might mandatory mental health checks be for anyone who does not agree with the worlds thinking and standards of morality?? What might be the repercussions for those who do not agree with what the "world" determines is healthy, normal, and acceptable behavior?? I was thinking about the further tightening of control by worldly governments on HIS children and what that might mean...

Of course in all of this I know GOD still is in control and I give thanks for HIS daily care to see us through such situations should they come to pass.

God bless
maryjane

2013/2/17 9:05Profile

Re: Madatory mental health checks...

Dear Sister,
When I was in VA, a Christian woman I knew had been deserted by her husband for another woman and left his family. She had homeschooled their four lovely children, taken them to church and although I knew her for only a short time I respected her walk with Christ.

The husband, who was not walking with the Lord, who had re-located with his new wife and still made a good living sued for full custody of the children. He asked that she be evaluated by a social worker. The social worker was not a Christian and this homeschooling mother on a semi-farm with lots of animals and kid-projects going on deemed my sister in Christ to be an unfit mother.

This drove her to extreme means to "look normal" to the state, and though I prayed with her to calm down and trust in the Lord, she was panicked. I won't go into details and she made some bad decisions to get the approval of the state, but she was a very kind and loving Christian woman who had been deserted by her husband. In the eyes of the judge, my friend was deemed unfit to raise children and full custody was given to the father who immediately put them in public school and "american normalcy" which did not include becoming a godly Christian father.

I am sad to report my sister went off the deep end when her precious children were taken away from her and she was given only a weekend or a holiday to visit with them.

This was 2007 and I really didn't think that a father would be able to do that as he was the one who left the wife and children, committed adultery, re-married and left his faith in Jesus, if it ever was truly there.

Christians who have chosen "atypical" lifestyles are persecuted in this country because they do not "fit the mold".

Sister Leslie

2013/2/17 14:26
proudpapa

Re: Madatory mental health checks...

MJ wrote ///The issue at stake here is the government having control over our children and further infringing upon parental rights. The concern is having a secular group of people sit over my child, ask them questions about whatever they like, and then determine if he is "Well" according to the worlds standard. This to me is a frightening thing. I will admit I do wonder if the fact that my child being raised as a Christian would come under attack in such a screening process. I also wonder where a bill like this might lead, how far off might mandatory mental health checks be for anyone who does not agree with the worlds thinking and standards of morality?? What might be the repercussions for those who do not agree with what the "world" determines is healthy, normal, and acceptable behavior?? I was thinking about the further tightening of control by worldly governments on HIS children and what that might mean...///

Well said, this is frightening. I read the 'TESTIMONY OF REV. RICHARD WURMBRAND' to the US. Senate, Subcommittee, just the other day
His testimoney is one that showes how bad it can get.

Instant martyrdom is not scary for the Christian but for us whom have small children the rapid direction that our country is falling is highly disturbing.

2013/2/17 14:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I agree. It was bad - I thought - back in the 70s when our children were being born, but it is nothing at all like it is today. Back then common sense ruled - most of the time - although it was being challenged on different levels.

Yes, I am glad we are beyond child-bearing age but I do feel for the young couples with children. All I can say is to be more serious about training your children for the LORD. Teach them the WORD and how it applies to life. Be so intent on it like as though they may be taken from you soon. Actually, this is what I did with our oldest children - I was sure Khrushchev was going to make good on his threat to take our country over by 1972. When I saw it did not happen I relaxed and I should never have done that. But who knows? things may not have turned our differently anyways.

God bless and do not waver - EVER.

2013/2/17 17:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy