SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Lack of fellowship

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
elderlemon

Lack of fellowship

My young family and I attend church on Sundays. Like many families today we are stretched both financially and with work, therefore, we really struggle to attend the weekly bible study held on tuesday evening. Personally I notice the real lack of fellowship with other Christians. In church its been a long time since any encouragement was given to me, and I've been feeling that quite a bit recently. In nearly two years we've been invited to other church members houses twice, and I thought one of these times was to ask a favor of me. The church has about 150 people and there seems a fair bit of church activity going on. Perhaps its not the thing to post on here, but is it time to move on?

2013/2/13 17:34Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Lack of fellowship

Brother,

This is a good point and very important now in North America. Many believers who are even in small biblical churches have lack of true fellowship and time with other believers. The Lord has led me to be involved with other brothers to encourage the networking of believers together across denominational lines or better put apart from denominations: www.gospelfellowships.net

2013/2/13 20:43Profile
Coolwater

Re:

elderlemon,

Why such a sore puss. If you and your family are not happy in the Church God has planted you. Then you are free to move on; run actually, but please don't hurt yourself.

2013/2/14 14:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Why such a sore puss. If you and your family are not happy in the Church God has planted you. Then you are free to move on; run actually, but please don't hurt yourself.

My friend, we appreciate your participation on the forums here on SermonIndex. But we ask that you responses would not speak towards individuals or judge individuals motives and thoughts. Please review the below community guidelines for proper responding and participation in the forums:

SermonIndex Community Guiding Principles
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

2013/2/14 16:40Profile
dohzman

Dear brother, Your heart is so precious in your post it takes me back many years into some of mine and my families own experiences. I think its more difficult these days because the pace of life is so much more demanding than it was when my children were younger.There is however a proverb that talks about a friendly man, I always equated that to a kind person. There are acts of kindness that cost little in monetary value that have huge impacts as well as what I call bridge builders.Little notes to Sunday school teachers, words of encouragement to choir directors, a hand shake or a hug. I'm sure you've done all that already so if you don't mind I just need to ramble a bit to remind myself again. You see I travel allot and got in the habit of phoning the church and leaving encouraging messages on the answering machine and just asking the pastor out for coffee or just dropping in when he was there for no real reason other than to say hi or pray for him. I took an interest in the people around me and would routinely ask them how things were going....many times I would pray for them right there(I started doing that because I often forgot to later and than when I saw them again I didn't want to feel guilty because I forgot, "yikes!").I have found that when I "love" on people without and expectations from them on my part, that I am enriched in so many ways. People are people and believe it or not there are so many people in your very church who feel the exact same way you do, that if it were known, you would be amazed. My advice would be to say a prayer and ask Jesus to help you build bridges, bridge called love, and just do what you can..it'll be just fine, you and your family will be just fine.You have my prayers and thoughts dear brother, God Bless, and hang in there :)

2013/2/14 19:28Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Brother, it seems to me that our culture is trending away from the type of fellowship that you are missing. my wife and I have decided to be the ones who show hospitality and create the environment for fellowship by opening our home. I would encourage you to do the same. Invite some like minded believers to your home to eat, worship, pray, visit, and just generally encourage one another. Who knows, it might just catch on. But it will provide the opportunity for fellowship that is lacking.

2013/2/14 19:55Profile
romanchog

Re:

These are great ideas. We (and I include myself in this) are always waiting for people to do things that we need, but are we on the lookout for others needs?

Very convicting.

Since my husband died, everyone (including family) has pretty much stopped visiting, thinking the worse is over for us (but in fact the worse has just begun). My children and I have responded to this by inviting people over for dinner or lunch. It has ministered to us just to have others here with us, taking away some of the loneliness. How much better it would be if we found people in need and ministered to them!

My problem with finding fellowship is in first finding a church that is biblical. If anyone knows of a church or fellowship or of fellow believers in the Miami area I would really appreciate it. I am SURE that there are like-minded believers here, if only I could find them!

2013/2/15 12:42Profile
elderlemon

Re:

Brothers and Sisters,

Sincere thanks for encouragement and Ideas. I already see the Lord moving. In His time, not mine.

romanchog - I know this is a bit far from Miami, but I can recommend a man called Sandy Robertson. Although I have never visited the Church he is involved with I've heard him preach. Perhaps you could contact him and ask if he knows of Biblical Christians in Miami. They are based in Titusville, FL. Please see the link.

http://www.ncftitusville.org/

2013/2/15 15:43Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

Probably no one is interested.

But depending on "responses" though

Ive been working on a post for sometime now.

Entitled " the true Believers"

Lack of true biblical fellowship is symptom-matic

Of the real scourge and problem todayv" a whore church "

We need to change this prevailing mind set That asks "are you a christian"

" to what i call"

"The true belivers"

( and can i say it ) thereby serving it up to the denominations and slick modern churches -- provoking thought.

There is a difference you knowv between a" Disciple" and a""Christian"

Yea even big time. (Difference)

Are you a christian or true beliver??

True belivers and NOT just nominal christians provide true and quality fellowship to all others (IMO) because there true. (Andv not counterfeit)

2013/2/16 10:02Profile

Probably no one is interested.

But depending on "responses" though

Ive been working on a post for sometime now.

Entitled " the true Believers"

Lack of true biblical fellowship is symptom-matic

Of the real scourge and problem todayv" a whore church " sonofthunder

Sounds interesting brother. I would share it if you believe that what you have to share is accurate. Even when something is rejected today it may be received with tears tomorrow! Fellowship with other brethren is always real, but especially when there is a mind of Christ demonstrated. Then it is more precious than life itself. My heart is with elderlemon.

2013/2/16 10:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy