SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is the LORD showing you ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

What is the LORD showing you ...

Greetings

A few things have been on my heart and I just thought I would put them out there and see what the LORD would be showing to others.

First: recently another member gave testimony about speaking with her son on the condition of his heart. She in love called him up to share with him the things she was seeing from the LORD and he told her he was okay...I have been thinking about that post for a while now. "OKAY" those words just don't even make sense to me when facing eternity. I know why reading her words struck me so, I have heard them myself. I am sure many of us have when you go to another who is living in rebellion to GOD and you open your heart to share CHRIST in love and then you get a rolling of the eyes, the frustrated sigh of annoyance and then those words, "I'm Okay don't worry about me." Honestly there are times when I want to look at this person, let the tears fall freely before them and say simply, "No your not and you don't even know it"

I just wonder have others ever been in a similar situation? The poster was ginnyrose(just to let you know) and I know she is praying for her sons. I have those I am praying for as well. In light of eternity I am feeling I should be praying all the more, time is short...but I am learning to add to this prayer for their salvation and HIS grace to accept it, "LORD YOUR will be done."

Second: Have you ever had anyone say to you when confronted with sin or even speaking of sin in general, "Well GOD knows we are human and HE will forgive us."
I have and there is almost an under currant tone that can be detected, when I hear these words most times their meaning is clear, "I can do what I want to after all GOD will forgive me." There is a will fullness in the heart and attitude that is visible to see.
How does one respond to this kind of heart and attitude when presented with it?

Third: I keep thinking what about holiness doesn't GOD say to us in HIS WORD be holy as I am holy? 1 Peter 1:16 Why is there no importance placed on this attitude of heart that we are clearly instructed to have? Why is when this topic is brought up most get annoyed or defensive and cry out "your judging us"? Honestly I don't understand that line of thinking because its not my standard or a man made thought up standard, GOD says in HIS WORD HIMSELF, be holy as I am holy. HE sets the standard, why do we choose to ignore it?

Fourth: This probably goes along with the third thought but I wonder how often do we go about our days doing "things" with out ever praying and seeking GODS direction on a matter. I know that there have been times in my own walk that I have gone off with out thinking but now I consider if FATHER cares so much as we know HE does to even number the hairs on our heads doesn't it stand to reason that HE cares about all aspects of my life. Even everyday things? I am more and more persuaded that HE does want to hear from me in prayer, HE does have guidance to give me in all areas of my life. Not only big decisions but even in little things like what I put on in the morning to wear.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

God bless
maryjane

2013/2/12 10:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: What is the LORD showing you ...

MaryJane,

I understand your concern - you knew that, did you not? I can relate to all the points you have made. I hope this will encourage you, help you understand other Believers wrestle with the same issues. We all have a common enemy and he is the devil - he uses many to do his work for him. But we all have the same Jehovah God who will go to bat for us, who will intercede for us.

Yet, the most frustrating thing is when our own flesh and blood discount their need for the LORD. They do not think they need anything except more money and it is forthcoming! I have noticed among our children that those who are sincere in their walk with the LORD have struggles financially - things are tough for them. But those who live for themselves are very comfortable, live a life of ease. I wonder how long it will be until they realize how empty they are.

God bless you, MaryJane. Your transparency is refreshing.

ginnyrose

2013/2/12 11:04Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by ginnyrose on 2013/2/12 5:04:06

MaryJane,

I understand your concern - you knew that, did you not? I can relate to all the points you have made. I hope this will encourage you, help you understand other Believers wrestle with the same issues. We all have a common enemy and he is the devil - he uses many to do his work for him. But we all have the same Jehovah God who will go to bat for us, who will intercede for us.

Thank you ginnyrose, you have encouraged me very much and I appreciate that you took the time to write these things here :)

As always sister your wisdom is very much a blessing to me.

God bless
maryjane

2013/2/12 18:13Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

What is the Lord showing you?

MJ and Sandra, these are the very words my blood/spiritual sister and I use when we call each other. Sometimes neither one of us can get a word in edgewise. I have four children and I pray for the day that I can ask them the same or even better, that they will ask each other, "What is the Lord showing you?"

2013/2/12 19:02Profile
Spitfire

Re: What is the LORD showing you ...

I don't come to Sermonindex very often anymore. I came today to post something that is on my own heart and I will do that in a minute, but I saw this and felt to reply. You asked the question, "What is the Lord showing you?" It seems your concern is predicated by Ginnyrose's talk with a son who was complacent and nonchalant about whether or not he is rightly related to God. We cannot understand why another seems to be so careless about their eternal future.

I have fretted about this for many years until I finally began to see that no one can "see" what they need to "see" until God opens their eyes. They are blind. When God gets ready to open a person's eyes, their eyes will be open! Until then, we pray and we live the Gospel in front of them. That's it. I believe in predestination. I believe that it is impossible for someone to come to God except they be drawn by the Holy Spirit. And, I believe, when the Holy Spirit draws a man or woman, they will come!

2013/2/14 6:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I understand what you are saying, Lisa...but we moms feel very responsible for our children's welfare including their spiritual one. We see dangers that are scoffed at today by popular media. We are called old-fashioned, mocked and who are these young going to believe? Living in rebellion, doing things they ought not to, ruining a conscience that will bedevil them for the rest of their life - this is what we are talking about, Lisa (I think this is your name...?). To suggest people will automatically turn to the LORD when he calls is assuming too much. Too many will spurn it for a while and when in rebellion will do these horrific things that can and will mar them for life. This is the issue.

God bless.

2013/2/14 18:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy