SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Dont answer fools ... according to there own Folly

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Dont answer fools ... according to there own Folly

The book of proverbs is choc full of wisdom and sound advice and still relevant to 21st Century church Goers and people in General. Its all Good!
And still as contemporary today - - as it was thousands of years Ago!

However this particuliar passage in particuliar ive endeavored to implement to the best of my God given ability - - as much as is humanly possible:

For if you pander to there foolishness ...thou shall be likened unto them:
(Hmmm)

I try to refrain from answering "to" and "back" to sarcasm ( for instance )

To disguised forms of guile in peoples mouths.

To seemingly "innocent" questions that are really barbed and laced with mocking charades ...in order to make people seem dumb and silly.

Such guile is disguised (and cleverly so) as put down of others.

Not only that but its hypocritically orchrestrated to "tempt you"
To tempt you to get angry in your heart - and/or answer back.

But dont ...lest you be likened to them! And then in effect - - become no better then them -- and there folly!

Jesus often said to the scribes and pharisees why tempt me?
Ye hypocrites. They tested him and sought to get him to crack many times. But he refrained from getting carnally angry - and returned serve by announcing there sheer hypocrisy and outright folly!!!

Often remarking " thou fools and blind"

Slapping with a smile is another form of disguised guile where people often say things like "good article brother" first or this little didley " Interesting post brother ( dont forget the endearing brother phase) seemingly complimenting you ...but then they proceed to (pave the way) for others to slap you around.
(So to speak)

Somehow - someway they believe that by paying you a few good remarks in the first instance ...that sets the tone for put down that follows or the aftermath belittlement.
(Hmmm)

There folly though is this - - there not fooling anyone:

Slapping with a smile ...is something ( God has exposed )
And brought to light ( in spite of cleverly disguised guile)

2013/2/11 6:31Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Dont answer fools ... according to there own Folly

"Slapping with a smile is another form of disguised guile where people say things like "good article brother" or this little didey " Interesting post "brother" ( dont forget the endearing brother part) seemingly complimenting you ...but then they proceed to (pave the way) for others to slap you around."

Brother, I am not sure you understand all people's compliments.

Do you not understand that Christians are here to encourage each other in their walk with the LORD? While doing so we all know we have areas that are weak and need growing in. I do and so do others - there is not one amongst us who is not in a varying state of immaturity. We are either growing or backsliding so we need to function as iron sharpens iron.

This is the state I understand fellow travelers to be in their journey to Glory - they all need encouragement. When I compliment a post, this is my goal because we all need it. Woe on us if we place a stumbling block in the path of a fellow traveler.

This is my reason for praising, complimenting others on this forum or anywhere else I meet people.

God bless.

ginnyrose

2013/2/11 10:22Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

You know what ...lets just cut to the chase here.

Okay.

If we had to confront/ stand before esch other in person.

It would be different.

Think of the workplace full of the unsaved people

Woiuld "i" say the same things or behave in the same way with them?

As in face to face

Its essy to say anything here ...knowing you dont have to encounter them

You can just unload ...and run (easy)

Knowing you havent got to face them in real life.

Im a real person too. Okay. I have feelings.

Im not perfect as you say. Still growing.

Cut each other some slack.

Others csn discern intent.

No one is is silly.

Your not a believer for thirty years and not able to see through things.

I post without favour or fear of men.

I dont suck up or flatter anyone either

2013/2/11 10:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy