SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Charisma House Announces 'Most Modern Version' of KJV

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Charisma House Announces 'Most Modern Version' of KJV

Charisma House has announced plans for an update of the King James Version (KJV) Bible, to be called the Modern English Version (MEV). Described as "the most modern of the KJV," the new version will be released next year.

The MEV is the most modern translation produced of the KJV in 30 years, according to officials for the book group of Charisma Media. The word-for-word translation maintains the beauty of the past, yet provides clarity for a new generation of Bible readers. The MEV also accurately communicates God's Word anew as it capitalizes references of God, "maintaining reverence" for the Scriptures.

"To Bible readers who value biblical truth, the MEV literally translates God's Word in a way that preserves the message, but remains readable for today's world," said Tessie DeVore, executive vice president of Charisma House. "And because of this, we anticipate that the MEV will have broad ecumenical and consumer acceptance."

read more: http://www.charismanews.com/us/38080-charisma-house-announces-most-modern-version-of-kjv

2013/2/4 8:14Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: Charisma House Announces 'Most Modern Version' of KJV

Sounds like this version won't please anyone. Those looking for a more current language version based on the King James already have the NKJV. The King James only crowd won't like any 'modern' translation (especially with a new name) and those looking for a better translation won't like the fact that it will just follow the KJV and not change anything that could have been better translated from the original manuscripts.

I wonder the reason for this. I hope it isn't a way of making money for the publishers.

2013/2/4 15:02Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

Quote:
I wonder the reason for this. I hope it isn't a way of making money for the publishers.

thats exactly what it is. i believe the kjv is a public domain, or something similar to that. by changing it they can create a new copyright 4 their transcript which is owned by the publishing company, and they make money on every copy sold. bible publishing is BIG $$$. so is music publishing and other print media such as sunday school and vbs material. every year there is a new vbs theme that is the hottest thing while the owners of the publishing companies line their pockets. and the sheeple gobble it up.

stand and sing with me:

my faith is based on nothing less
than scofields notes and scripture press

2013/2/4 16:07Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

i am not sum scholar on bible versions but i do know that when u go to the bookstore there are literally hundres of versions that are supposed 2 be in modern english, so-called. how many modern english versions will they have 2 make before they get it right? this is all about copyrights and MONEY. u do not have 2 be a rocket surgeon 2 figure this out. my 8 year daughter figured this out.

2013/2/4 16:15Profile
proudpapa

Re: Heydave

Heydave wrote ///Sounds like this version won't please anyone. Those looking for a more current language version based on the King James already have the NKJV. The King James only crowd won't like any 'modern' translation (especially with a new name) and those looking for a better translation won't like the fact that it will just follow the KJV and not change anything that could have been better translated from the original manuscripts.///

Its success will be based on what Strategies they will use for marketing, The advantage they have is that There is a Large charismatic crowed which does not have a version to claim for their own, They will need to follow in the steps of the succesful (ESV), in declaring the (MEV) as a word-for-word translation and for this reason a much more reliable translation than a 'dynamic equivalence' approach such as that of the (NIV). If they propaganda this fact strong enough as what the (ESV) has, than they can draw more conservative charismatics away from the (NIV) to the (MEV) as how the (ESV) has been successful with drawing conservative reformed and calvinist away from the (NIV) in favour of the (ESV)

As with the (NKJV) they have another quality that can benifit them, but they have to walk this tight rope very carfully as not to be thrown into being sterotyped with the KJV only crowed, As the NKJV They will need to make the case that there is an increasing opinion that the Majority text is superior to that of the Critical (eclectic text.) This argument can draw some as what the (NKJV) has, of those whom are disturbed by verses like Acts 8:37, Mat. 18:11 etc. being removed from the modern versions but of whom are not completely sold on the KJV only position.

They will probably spend alot of effort in promoting their version as containing these superior qualities and like the NKJV maintaining the beauty of the past but providing a more updated version with more clarity and easer readability for a new generation.

They will also need to get popular christian leaders that they are in association with to openly promote the (MEV) as we see happens with all new versions.

2013/2/4 22:46Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

proudpapa u nailed it. its all about the almighty dollar.

2013/2/5 6:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
proudpapa u nailed it. its all about the almighty dollar.

Sadly I agree with this, the majority of translations are now made by book publishing houses so they can "own" their own translation themselves and profit from it. That is to say not all translations have had this hidden agenda. I personally have used the NIV and NKJV as well as KJV. Currently I am using the NKJV and see nothing dubious about it.

One of the greatest deceptions of the enemy in the West is to make it so that believers do not trust the words of God with the multiplicity of translations. This is tragic.

2013/2/5 8:40Profile

yeh i know.

know what?....i'm just happy that i can own Bibles, from which i feed my soul.

i have KJV's, NIV's and i regularily read the ESV, and God laid it in my heart to buy an initial case of 24 hardback ESV Bibles, because i see a day, when private Bible ownership will be made illegal.

i never fret over translations, because our Tutor helps me in understanding the Glorious Light of Messiah Jesus.

but i understand the consternation of the saints in Christ.

2013/2/5 10:38
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: yeh i know.

Quote:
because our Tutor helps me in understanding the Glorious Light of Messiah Jesus.

Amen brother, that is the true conclusion that any translation even a poor one we can receive light and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2013/2/5 11:05Profile
flameoffire

Michigan

Re: Charisma House Announces 'Most Modern Version' of KJV

I may be the only one, but I'm actually happy to see this.

The KJV and NKJV are the only English translations currently available which are based on the Majority text.

It would be great to have a dynamic equivalent translation based on the Majority Text.

While we have a lot of translation debates etc., I think the plethora of translations, while unnecessary, can be quite a blessing. Many times I have learned something new by comparing translations or reading through a translation I haven't used before. I've read 5 different translations all the way through and was glad I did each time.

2013/2/5 12:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy