SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts :  Can You Shelter a Child TOO Much?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
SkepticGuy

Re:

good, we are back 2 the topic and the focus is off of me. what i was attempting 2 say is that children need to be guarded, and they need rules and they need discipline when they break those rules. but it is my opinion that many well-meaning christian parents over protect and over regulate, and when that happens they do not teach their children the grace of god but rather a works based way 2 god. in order 2 please god they learn that he is concerned with their performance. if their performance duznt measure up then god is not happy w/them or maybe they get the impression he duznt luv them if they don’t measure up. let me be clear (since people don’t seem 2 read all of what I say before they respond 2 me) children DO need 2 learn christian bible behavior. i do not question that. but when they are over protected and pleasing mom and dad is based on how they behave, then they translate that in2 a life of trying 2 measure up in order 2 for god to luv and approve of them. the sick twist is this: they NEVER feel like they r luved by god no matter how r they try. so they walk away from god in frustration. all along they were never truly saved becuz their faith was based up their works and not the finished work of christ. i know this becuz I have lived this. i lived this for 32 years. i pray god i don’t do 2 my kids what was dun 2 me. it becomes so engraved in ur psyche only gods spirit can penetrate it.

2013/2/5 11:03Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:
HayDev wrote :-
Well Skeptic, I am sorry if I took what you wrote wrongly.

Praise God for your humility and maturity. You truly acted mature in Christ. It is people like you who are quick to apologize (though there is no mistake in your post) to bring peace are considered peacemakers by Jesus (Matt 5:9). Hope people here can learn from you instead of being self centered and quick to attack and bring down others.

2013/2/5 15:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy