SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : MUST HEAR!!! Jonathan Cahn – Presidential Prayer Breakfast

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Jonathan Cahn made his position clear in his book the Harbinger. He intended the book to be the warning (Harbinger) before the judgement else the very word harbinger has changed it's meaning. This breakfast would not have had a security clearance equal to the people the message was addressed to, so therefore there would have been none of the people it was addressed to there. Whether they (the leaders of a nation) will hear of it is a mute point. Two years ago perhaps even less I came to this site for the first time with thought of America as a christian nation in rather the same terms that brother Jonathan illuminates. I knew about the false doctrines which have spread across the world from the USA and I thought in terms of a nation repenting as well. I was quiet excited at the thought of the uniqueness of the USA, its founding moments etc, but over the past 12 months it has become increasingly clear to me that the problem of one nation is pretty much the same for another. Britain had its commonwealth under Cromwell, it was a time of new government and new beginnings, just as the USA was a new beginning born out of war, yet unlike the USA, Britain realised that no possibility of a new beginning really existed. Cromwell refused the crown and the King of Scotland was invited to be King of England as well as being King of Scotland. It is said that this too was a new beginning, but in reality there is no such thing for a nation. Not only this Israel was a nation under God in perfection of purpose of God, a unique fact and one never to have been repeated ever. No I think that it is part of the vanity of the USA to believe that it is or was a christian nation. It never was.

If anything this message from Jonathan will signal the wrong kind of hope. I notices how the applause always came from the emphatic sayings which concerned the proclamation of wicked sin, without once actually naming the sin itself directly. Yet this still produced a shared hope in that breakfast, evident by the applause. It seems to me that as long as someone is willing to be emphatic enough others will take hope from their emphasis. What is really needed thought is those who already understand the nature of the sin, to cease from it themselves and repent themselves and turn themselves and prepare themselves for what lies ahead. In conclusion it is already too late for the USA, Britain and most of the western world. The bridles of the horse are already on our cheeks.

2013/1/30 5:37

Re:

I just listened to the message. As a whole the message spoke of repentance. The end of the message spoke of the need to be in Jesus. We ca take apart the message and debate its theology. But compared to past Presidential breakfasts. This message was more in tune with the Bible. The inky thing is America and the church will still shake its fist at God. They will say we will not have this man rule over us. Then judgement will come.

I believe it is already to late. The only hope would be for a remnant to come out io Babylon to be saved.

My thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2013/1/30 5:54
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

http://www.revivalschool.com/

There were many insightful comments made on Andrew Strom's website. The message was not perfect, and there are some things that pertain to nationalism that are in question. But taken as a whole, I believe that this message is the heart of God for America. We cry out to God that in His wrath, He would remember mercy.

Mike

2013/1/30 7:52Profile

Re:

Saints, brother Mark Case has done a review on Johnathan Cahn and the Harbinger.

"Author Jonathan Cahn's prophet book THE HARBINGER, is increasing in popularity. Much of his rise to fame among some Christian circles is due to his strong call for America's leaders to repent. His latest message give at the Presidential Inaugural Prayer Breakfast on inauguration day. Please consider listening to my 5 min. review on this important prophetic theme about America's future" (Mark Case).

Please find the link below:

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?m=t&s=13013048290

2013/1/30 8:01

Re: a prophet on every corner... YES!

Dear Brothers and Sisters, It is such a blessing that we can have this sweet, honest dialog about important current issues such as this. "Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity." Psalm 133:1

Let me be quick to confirm that I would love to see a prophet speaking with such boldness as Jonathan Cahn on every street corner of every city across our land. I have said that many times from the pulpit, and thought of that again this morning during a time of prayerful reflection on these things. I would not want to discourage anyone who with broken heart and contrite spirit would give such a clarion call for righteousness regardless of the setting. I certainly do not want to discourage the fundamental message that Bro. Cahn is proclaiming - a need for national repentance along with a strong warning of judgment without it. Amen. If I have discouraged that in you through my criticism, please accept my apology.

That being said, I would try to explain more clearly my frame of thought in the commentary that I thought the Lord gave me to share. If I share these things as bullet points, I can be more brief.

1) The Christian community in America has a strong pattern of sternly criticizing the unsaved community, and its unsaved politicians for their failure to commit to righteousness and to pass righteous laws. But fellow disciples of our Lord, let us remember that they are lost and cannot possibly adhere to our "commandments" with hearing ears. That, however, wouldn't be so bad since we do have a precedent in the scripture with Jonah's call to do the same in Nivenah (a gentile nation). But that same Christian community throughout America has clearly and unabashedly neglected the voice of true prophets within her own midst, calling her to real repentance. You see, we continue to blame our lack of unrighteousness and unholiness on the secular world. For example, Hollywood is not the Christians problem, and fixing it will not solve our problem; yet many mainstream Christian leaders rebuke them constantly. The problem lies within our own ranks, and if those problems were solved, Hollywood would be lost in the shadows of God's glory. With this in mind, it is difficult for me to rejoice with much exuberance over Bro. Cahn's proclamation - though I do not want to discourage it.

2) The endorsers of The Harbinger, Author Cahn's book on this subject, are leaders of mainstream charismatic Christianity. I well remember the high points of that earlier movement, having received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit myself in 1976. I thank God for His work through it, but like every other move of the Spirit upon men, we mess it up royally as soon as possible and thanks to man's influence the charismatic movement has resulted in a royal spiritual mess. Please consider a holy review of the men Bro. Cahn chose to endorse his book. This should send red flags up about this whole matter right away. It was some of those same men, and many other mainstream Christian men like them that strongly endorsed Mel Gibson's movie, The Passion - which upon further investigation revealed unbelievable satanic influences at its root, and all the way through. I would add that the precious Holy Spirit had me prepare a strong rebuke to it BEFORE it hit the big screen. I was rejected for that too.

Finally,

3) In Bro. Cahn's book, it is abundantly clear that he is calling for repentance based upon the threat of losing America as we have known it. Please consult his book for your own witness. I find this a serious infraction on Truth. In this, Bro. Cahn's heart was revealed; and the hearts of the mainstream leaders were also revealed. Dare not they lose their beloved American platforms where they are free to spew "another gospel," lest they lose their notoriety and all that goes with it too! Dear ones, we should be calling for real repentance based upon the life and death of our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and all that God continues to do in His long-suffering love for His name on earth. This is a primary reason that I lose enthusiasm over Bro. Cahn's message, whether written or preached. Regardless of how powerful a message of repentance may sound, and in spite of the great need for it, we should not be challenged to repent because our country is at stake, but that our Lord's name is at stake! There was no direct mention of this in His book.

Well, may our Lord be praised. And may He help us grow together in the precious Holy Spirit of His grace as we continue to be driven more deeply into "the evil day." Apostasy is at an all time high, and we are in desperate need of real revival preachers, but along with them we need real Holy Spirit discernment too.

in His grace, MC

2013/1/30 11:40
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: MUST HEAR!!! Jonathan Cahn – Presidential Prayer Breakfast

I listened to this sermon last night and was gratified to hear the boldness of Cahn in calling the nation to repentance.

I tried to find out who all were in attendance at this particular breakfast but had no such luck.

I am wondering how many preachers would have softened their message in order to not offend the powers that be. His boldness reminded me of Mother Teresa who spoke out forcibly against abortion a few years ago at this same breakfast. If I recall she got a standing ovation by many. The sitting president and those with him stayed seated.

We do not know who will benefit from having heard this sermon, or how many will take to heart the message, but this is not the point. The point of the sermon is that Cahn needed to be obedient to the Holy Spirit. Whether people will respond to it remains to be seen; I suspect there may be some but we will likely never hear about it from the secular news media.

God bless Cahn's boldness - this alone is gratifying to me. It does make me wonder who asked him to preach and how they were able to get by with it.

2013/1/30 21:35Profile
a-servant

Re:

Andrew Strom's website was in full swing having similar praise for the speech - until Robert made some comments to the contra. The article was pulled from Andrew's site. Following Here Roberts comments:
-----------------

Robert
Jan 31st 2013

This inaugural breakfast was not the OFFICIAL PRESIDENTIAL BREAKFAST.

They HAVE MANY < MANY, breakfasts that are sponsored by all sorts of folks.

If you people ;would search it out, you will find out that this is NOT THE OFFICIAL ONE.

This one is sponsored by a HUGE dominionist Group of Republicans .

People like Sara Palin, Michelle Bauchman, Mike Huckabee, Pat Robertson, James Robson, I HOP , Mike Bickle and so many others that are involved.

Think about it. — Prez/ Obama doesn't particularly place Israel and Jewish folks up front and personal w/him.

Matter of fact, he congratulated Chavez, w/in 24 hours of winning, but w/ P.M. Net. (Israel) it took him a week.

Why in the world would he have someone come in and speak at "his" inaugraual breakfast "

There is NO SEAL of authenticity from the president.
and in 2009 it was JIM WALLIS that was the keynote speaker of THE OFFICIAL BREAKFAST Jim Wallis is known for bringing the Emergent Church to where it is now, by forumulating many folks like Leonnard Sweet, Mark Driscol and others up front.

PLEASE do your homework.

Johnathon Cahn, MIGHT BE BOLD and HIS SPEAK MIGHT BE GOOD

But he is in dominion theology and he has been anointed by "Cindy Jacobs" and Peter Wagner and Dutch Sheets, and he will not correct people when they call him a "prophet" WHO really knows if he is a true prophet. People seem to throw that word around an awful lot.

I am not disputing the fact that he gave a BOLD speech, BUT ANYONE CAN give one. YOU need to check the resources and people out. PLEASE.

Some of you are being too enthusiastic over a "good speech" YOU HAVE TO CHECK THE PEOPLE OUT.

I have pasted and copied this and I have sent it on to other websites. (Just in case I get deleted)

Please take this as a warning.

2013/1/31 9:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

This message was sent out by Andrew Strom to his list:

--

APOLOGY: I am quite upset about this. It appears that though
they used the 'Presidential Seal' in the video - we have now been
told that Jonathan Cahn was NOT speaking at the actual "official"
Presidential prayer breakfast at all, but seemingly more of a
Christian/ GOP type breakfast. Why it would display the Presidential
seal and be called the "Presidential Inauguration Prayer Breakfast"
seems strange if it was not an official "Presidential" event. I feel
we have all been somewhat misled - and have removed the video
from our site. My sincere apologies, my friends. - Andrew Strom.

2013/1/31 9:19Profile

Re:

Quote:
This breakfast would not have had a security clearance equal to the people the message was addressed to, so therefore there would have been none of the people it was addressed to there. Whether they (the leaders of a nation) will hear of it is a mute point.

2013/1/31 9:45
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

I read Jonathan Cahn's The Harbinger a while ago and had serious misgivings about it. For one thing, the contrivances he used to convey his message-- a totally fictitious mysterious "prophet" who is continually being translated here and there, and the cryptic "seals" he uses-- this left me feeling very guarded to say the least. This is not true prophecy. My witness on it (and I am but one witness) is that this message was not the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

And so I watched the so-called Presidential Inauguration Prayer Breakfast on Andrew Strom's website, but, sorry, my guard was up.

Allan Halton

2013/1/31 11:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy