SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Sabbath

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

If someone is only really keeping one day a week holy to God they may well be accursed and damned. If they are not dead with Christ, they are dead in sin, no matter how much they pretend to "keep the sabbath" or any other such nonsense.

If you lack the reality of walking in the kingdom now keep pressing forward violently, til Christ is birthed in you, do not go backward and rest in some pretense of keeping the law of Moses.

Unconverted pharisees made good arguments against Paul in his day over these matters.

2013/1/30 19:47
turn

USA

Re:

a-servant…yours were good, edifying points. Thanks.

Isaiah 66:23 in the closing section of Isaiah does appear to be prophetic of sabbath observance during the future millennial period. The mention of Sabbath in this context does appear to affirm the continuity of sabbath observance during the New Testament era and during the period from Redemption to Consummation at the end of the age.

Zecharian 14:16 indicates that even the feast of tabernacles will be observed in Jerusalem by all nations during a future millenium period.

Hebrews 4 is another wonderful section. In v.9, the rest that remains as described is the eternal rest of Christ’s heavenly kingdom. Earthly work and sweat will be finished then. Heaven will be an eternal Sabbath. The current kingdoms of this world are no heaven. However, the earthly Sabbath now is foretaste of the heavenly Sabbath to come.

Even so, come Lord Jesus. May Thy Kingdom come and may Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

2013/1/31 1:32Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

____________________________________________________________QUOTE:

"If someone is only really keeping one day a week holy to God they may well be accursed and damned. If they are not dead with Christ, they are dead in sin, no matter how much they pretend to "keep the sabbath" or any other such nonsense."

We celebrate the LORD's resurrection each week by keeping the first day holy unto Him. This has enabled us to keep a proper perspective of our own limits and the all-sufficiency of Jesus Christ - it is always an ongoing growing process, being changed from glory to glory.

I love this day - God, after all, said the day was made for man and not man for the day. Mark 2:27.[EDIT] I am going to take it since it is his gift to us. :-)

To say we are cursed does not come from the Holy Spirit.

2013/1/31 9:20Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

jim,

I agree with you. With Christ birthed in us, everyday is Holy unto the Lord, even on Sunday the first day of the week.

In Christ: Phillip

2013/1/31 20:09Profile
turn

USA

Re:

Not all commands of God are equal. When asked, Jesus referred to the two greatest commandments being those that involve entire love for God and love for neighbors that is as love for self. Some commands are lesser commands.

Not all places are equal. The place of the burning bush was holy ground for Moses.

Not all days are equal. I need to work for things of this world mostly on Monday to Friday. It's nice that Sunday is different.

2013/1/31 20:30Profile

Re:

"To say we are cursed does not come from the Holy Spirit."

Ginny, please go back and read my posts. I did not say that. Everyone is free to keep or not keep a day but not force it onto other believers. It is a matter of faith. I said if someone only keeps one day a week holy they most likely are accursed. That is, to clarify, if they have no reality of being born again and walking in the kingdom the other 6 days and think they are right in God sight because of what they do that 1 day, they are probably accursed (biblical word for those under the law).

So God bless you sister Ginny, I never said you are accursed. Keep that day onto the Lord if you feel it, I will keep every day the same. I have no quarrel over this and sorry if I wasn't clear. Only that those who do it under law (Moses) and not faith (Christ) are accursed. That is the word of God (Holy Spirit) talking and I can make no apologies for that,

Galatians 3:10 For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them."

On a general note, Christians should keep EVERY day holy to him in a very real sense too(set apart for him). That does not exclude some people feeling the sabbath or Lords day is special as we are free to do or not do, but it is the greater reality. For example working to earn money can be holy, because we do it onto the Lord. A sister changing diapers can be holy when it is done onto the Lord.

Romans 12:1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

Of course this does not negate setting special time for the breaking of bread, reading the word, fellowship, etc. But the all consuming reality is in our whole lives being holy, not just one day a week.

-Jim

2013/1/31 20:40

Re:

"It's nice that Sunday is different."

It is much nicer when you are meeting with saints all the time and the kingdom of God is within you and among you every day. When the poor are being ministered too, the Holy Ghost is frighteningly near, the prayer meetings last deep into the night (even on work nights), etc. Its like 7 times as nice as Sunday morning, especially if that Sunday morning is spent sitting in a pew, in a pre-programmed religious service where the body is suppressed.

God bless you turn. -Jim

2013/1/31 20:44
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The place of Christ is Holy indeed. "Christ in you the Hope of Glory."

Galatians 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

In Christ: Phillip

2013/1/31 20:45Profile

Re:

Phillip said:

"jim,

I agree with you. With Christ birthed in us, everyday is Holy unto the Lord, even on Sunday the first day of the week.

In Christ: Phillip"

100% brother, both for those who hold the day and those who treat all days the same. Scripture gives clear command that one can treat all days the same and one can hold a day. I obviously lean one way (if you cant guess) but love any true brethren that lean the other. The only problem is when a day is forced onto another. It is a sign that the one doing the forcing may be under law (accursed). That is a bad place to be.

God bless -Jim

2013/1/31 20:47

Re:

Romans 12:1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

Paul never appeals for brethren to present a day holy and acceptable to God but instead gives this instruction we would all be wise to follow.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.

Romans 14:6 The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God. For none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's.

2013/1/31 20:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy