Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Practical Holiness - A. B. Simpson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Practical Holiness - A. B. Simpson

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, January 22, 2013

There is danger of becoming morbid even in preparing for the Lord's coming. I remember a time when I determined to devote myself to a month of waiting upon the Lord for a baptism of the Holy Ghost. Before the end of the month the Lord had shaken me out of the seclusion and compelled me to go out and carry His message to others. As I went He met me in my service to Him.

There is a musty, monkish way of seeking a blessing. There is also a wholesome, practical holiness which finds us in the company of the Lord Himself, not only in the closet and on the mountaintop of prayer but among publicans and sinners and in the practical duties of life.

The practical preparation for the Lord's coming consists first of fully entering into fellowship with Him in our own spiritual lives, letting Him not only cleanse us, but perfect us in all the finer touches of the Spirit's deeper work. Following that it will mean getting out of ourselves and living for the benefit of others and the preparation of the world for His appearing.

Scripture
His wife hath made herself ready—Revelation 19:7

2013/1/22 8:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy