SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : "Oh the Blood of Jesus!"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

"Oh the Blood of Jesus!"

The blood of Jesus is the solution to all of the world’s ills. It will make a hate filled man love everyone, it will make the sexually promiscuous desire purity, it will turn sinners into saints, turn lying men into honest men, it will make a man of war into a man of peace, turn a wife beater into a loving husband, a lousy father into a loving father, It will make politicians and lawyers tell and live the truth, turn religious men into redeemed men, sin lovers in to sin haters, pleasure lovers into loves of God, selfish men into selfless men, and even transform a prostitute into virgin purity. “Oh the blood of Jesus, it washes white as snow.”

2013/1/19 22:27Profile
amranger

Montana

Re: "Oh the Blood of Jesus!"

Amen!!

2013/1/20 0:32Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Yes! Though we daily draw from this boundless provision it is never diminished! As Andre said " It will never lose it's power!"

Russ

2013/1/21 8:28Profile
Sree

Blood of Jesus has qualified us to enter the presence of God. In old covenant the blood of animals was used to redeem men to God. In new Covenant we have the blood of Jesus that redeems us to God. We always need the blood of Jesus and God to look us through the blood of Jesus otherwise we will be sinners in God's eyes no matter how much overcoming life we have. We can only overcome conscious sins but there are numerous unconscious sins for which we need the Blood Of Jesus. At no point in our Christian life we can say 'We do not need his Blood anymore'.

1 John 1:8:-If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

We should also not add to the promises in the blood of Jesus. Adding anything to God's promise is equally wrong as removing a promise. The Blood cannot change our Character as posted here. The scripture says Blood of Jesus cleanses our conscience. But that does not mean we will not sin. We can still sin as long as we have this adamic nature. That is why we need Holy Spirit. It is Holy Spirit that changes us from Sinners to saints by his sanctifying work.

If Blood of Jesus is enough then there is no need for giving us Holy Spirit. There is no need for resurrection of Jesus. Jesus not only died and shed his blood for us, he was also raised from dead, so that we may have life in us and we live because he now lives (John 14).

It is still a half and incomplete Gospel to say that Blood of Jesus is good enough. This means we are only saying that the good news is Jesus died for your sins. But Jesus is resurrected as well. The picture many Christians have of Jesus is a hopeless man who was crucified for their sins. But the real picture should be of a king who sits in throne at the right hand of God the father with nail pierced hands.

2013/1/21 13:14Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re:

Sir, you are a classic case of a spiritual nit picker! If you go back and read my post, you will notice that I never said or insinuated that the blood exclusively was sufficient.

However, I do want to say that there is power in and through the blood!
Acts 20:28 We are purchased by His blood.
Rom 3:25 There is propitiation through His blood.
Rom 5:9 There is justification through His blood.
Eph 1:7 There is redemption through His blood.
Col 1:20 There is peace through His blood.
Heb 9:14 There is purity through His blood.
Heb 9:22 There is remission of sin through His blood.
Heb 13:12 There is sanctification through the blood.
Heb 13:20 There is a perfecting that comes through the blood.
1Jn 1:5/Rev 1:5 We are washed from our sins by His blood (purity).

I should be able to say that without having to explain of defend myself. Let me go ahead and say though that all of these things are provided by the blood, but they are applied to our lives by the Spirit. As John wrote, "The Spirit and the blood are one."

Just because I did not lay out an entire theological foundation that included the "whole" picture, does not mean that my earlier statements were false.

Please do not assume things about me that I haven't stated.

As to your statements about sinning Christians,I know that the potential for a believer to sin is always a possibility; however, because of grace, the blood, and the Spirit, we have been freed from the power of sin. "Sin shall not have dominion over you - for you are under grace (Rom 6:14). I would also encourage you to do a word study on words like Justification, sanctification, remission, and cleansed. Also, you will notice that every time the scriptures speak to this matter, it always speaks in the past tense, in regard to believers. "You were........, but now you are washed, sanctified, and justified. If that does not show up in ones life, then the terms are void of any real meaning.

2013/1/21 19:46Profile
Sree

Re:

Forgive me if my post had hurt you. My intension clearly was not to point out any mistake in you. If it was then I would have quoted you in my post. Infact I agree with your post, the first half of my post clearly emphasis on the Power in christ's blood. I also agree with you that the blood only gave us access to grace. My post clearly said that as well. I don't find any reason for you to use name calling, which is not a good practice among believers and also by SI standard.

My intension in the post was to show the mistakes in teachings that give emphasis only on blood of Jesus. If you do not agree with such teachings then there is no need to get offended by my post. You are always welcome to show any mistake in my post by quoting scripture. I am just a sinner saved by the grace and mercy of God, who wants full gospel to be Preached everywhere.

2013/1/21 23:21Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re:

Preaching the full gospel is great. In our attempt to do so, we often tend to look for opportunities to correct others. Sometimes we do this even though we don't have the complete picture. I felt like that was what you were trying to do with me. If that wasn't the case, I do apologize. I find that in the church, one has to continually explain them self in order to keep from being harassed by others. This sort of thing happens often on sermonindex forums. Please forgive my reaction. I am Sorry.

2013/1/22 15:26Profile
Sree

Re:

I understand, also English is not my primary language as well, hence I many time fail to communicate my thoughts correctly. I appreciate the spiritual maturity you have shown here. May the Lord keep you strong in faith.

2013/1/22 16:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy