SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : We don't have a gun problem, we have a sin problem!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

We don't have a gun problem, we have a sin problem!

We don't have a gun problem in America, we have a sin problem. Blaming guns is just another way that we skirt around the real issue. Until the real issue is addressed, we will continue to see violence in our streets and schools. Until we silence and stop the war that's going on in our own hearts, we will never stop them elsewhere. Pascal was right when he wrote, "It is in vain, O Men, that you seek within yourselves the cure of all your miseries." The scriptures tell us that the heart of man is both evil and wicked. The answer to that problem is the blood of Jesus. What can wash away my sins, nothing but the blood of Jesus. This truth confronts us with another sin problem - one that exists in the Church. It is the sin of omission. We are failing to bring Jesus (the real solution) to the lost. Because of this, sin abounds. We blame the politicians and the government; anyone but our self. This is not a political issue; it is theological and spiritual. The Church alone has the answer for this world. Let the Church be the Church!

2013/1/19 13:56Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: We don't have a gun problem, we have a sin problem!

It could be reasonably argued that because there is a sin problem, that is why you need gun control! :)

2013/1/19 14:52Profile
proudpapa

Re: We don't have a gun problem, we have a sin problem!

Hi docseth1

I do not think we even have as much of a gun problem as what the entertainment media and socilist agendas would have some think, I Live in the rual buckle of the bible belt, every home is full of guns absoulutly full of them. People are dieing left and right around here but not from gun violence, but rather from vehical crashes and cancer.
Maybe we should also out law the automobile because some are not lawfully using their automobiles

I wounder if our friends from the UK can leave their homes and vehicles unlocked as we do here in the buckle of the bible belt.

2013/1/19 15:21Profile

Re:

Quote:
I wounder if our friends from the UK can leave their homes and vehicles unlocked as we do here in the buckle of the bible belt proud papa

Only when were armed to the teeth brother. Only when were armed to the teeth.

2013/1/19 15:56
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re:

I'm not arguing for or against gun control, just trying to point out the root problem.

2013/1/19 15:59Profile
proudpapa

Re: amrkelly

Hi amrkelly

The reality is where I live we do not have to be armed to the teeth, because the reality is since some are, it is a real deterrent of crime, certaintly living 30 plus minutes from the nearest law enforcement the law offers very little deterrent of crime, I am not advocationg self defence, I am just making the point of the clear reality that the lack of gun laws in our country as far as my area is concerned deter much more crime than what they are used in crime, If they outlaw guns in our country, only outlaws will have guns.

2013/1/19 17:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy