SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Saints Passing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hoohoou

Texas

A Saints Passing

I learned this morning that one of the pastors at a church I used to attend has passed away. He was in his early 90's however and had been in poor health for a couple of years. I watched this man for years as I grew from boy, to teenager, to young man. He was one of those people that simply made you feel better about yourself, God and the hope that only Jesus brings. You felt this way without him ever saying more than "Hello". Just yesterday morning he was at church and praying for others needs. That's the kind of man he was. I never had a lengthy conversation with him and yet this man, Gene Gloor, is someone I strive to imitate in word and deed. A kinder, gentler man has never been born. And yet he was a forceful and violent Kingdom man.

Few outside of his church, the churches organization and his family knew who this man was. He wrote no books, had no radio program, wasn't featured on SI and yet he sits worshiping the King of Kings in person this morning. My prayer is that I can be the ego-less man that Pastor Gene was. He didn't desire accolades from anyone other than his Lord. He quietly went about the Kingdom's business in small ways making a great impact in many people's lives. The Church has lost a great one and very few know it. It's men like Pastor Gene that give the Kingdom legs. It's men like this that allow the "star preachers" to do what they do. They are the workhorses of the Kingdom. While that role is not glamorous it is vital and it is appreciated.

It's men like this against whom the gates of hell will not prevail.

2013/1/14 9:29Profile
mama27

Re: A Saints Passing

What a beautiful eulogy....oh that something like this would be said of each of us when we are called to heaven....very grateful for the impact that this man of God had on your life...thank you for sharing...

2013/1/14 11:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy