SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are the scriptures sufficient?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Phillip

Hello, Hezwelling, no it is not the first time I have used Gills elligance in writing, for I am uneducated as it comes to pros. By the time I was 50, I had only read one book, "Thirty Seconds over Tokyo".

I use many commentaries and concordances and Greek and Hewbrew studies, and am always seeking the revelation of
God in all I put on this forum, when it is me, its a mess.

I understand a little of what a Jew must go through to follow Jesus Christ and I must say I am jealous, for The Word of God says We are to Glory in our trials and tribulations and imfermities. All I know is that I am no longer what I use to be, ethnic, origin, what ever I might be labeled, I am now by the Christ that is birthed in me a son of God, His offspring, I am no longer labeled by what man wants to see and make judgement of, for no man can judge me and I judge no one. I do rejoice in that God has seen in His Grace and Wisdom to bring you, a Jew into His Kingdom, the same way He has me. I marvel that God would bring any into His KIngdom. There is not enough ground for me to fall on or knees capable of nealing, for me to rejoice in my salvation and yours.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
2Co 5:12 For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.
2Co 10:17 But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
2Co 12:5 Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

Jesus came to His own and You Have Received Him.

You were His own and praise God, now, so am I.

No one can come to the Word without the Holy Spirit who seals us into Christ and then bring us into His image, conforming by Word and Truth.

In Christ, both of us: Phillip

2013/1/8 14:15Profile
brothagary

Re: brothagary

no worrys neil ,i waas going to say what you said about comunacation via keyboard ,,it is surely not the best way ,and misunderstandings will accour ,,iv defienity misunderstood ,,,,,,,i no what you mean and i see what u are seeing in the sin soaked liberal church

blessings

2013/1/9 5:44Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: Are the Scriotures sufficient?

Only Jesus Christ is sufficient! All the scriptures point to Him.

On another thought...
There are many who spend their time teaching the word and then there are many who spend their time hearing the word taught.... but a very small number who do the word!

2013/1/9 5:56Profile
proudpapa

Re: Are the scriptures sufficient?

Many of the synods and councils and thier divers and strange doctrines that they created has done nothing but cause divisions and blood shed. the worship of theology has done nothing but fill the belly with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

William Law, the English theological writer (1686-1761). indicted the state church of his time for being marred by: “(1) intellectualism—‘the direct mental assent to a sum of doctrines’; (2) formalism—‘battalions upon battalions of unbelieving believers’; and (3) Pharisaism—‘a herd of hypocritical clergy that ignore the Christianity they were hired to preach.’” (Kierkegaard , Provocations , p. 11) http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/calvarymessenger-theologians-review.html

2013/1/9 10:19Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Are the scriptures sufficient?

Quote:
bearmaster wrote:
1. Perhaps I should refine my question. Can a simple babe in Christ grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus through reading and listening to the New Testament? Can a simple child of God do this without the need of commentaries or systematic theologies? Understanding their dependence is on the Holy Spirit.

2. The original question was, are the Scriptures sufficient for one's growth in Christ Jesus. Might I ask can one come to Bible with only the Holy Spirit as his teacher and grow in the things of Christ?

Yes, they can brother! I was converted and stayed away from worldly friends and hid myself away for a year or more... only working and reading the word. I had my bible, pens, paper and a dictionary along with the Strong’s concordance. That was it! Along with church three x’s a week!

Being new to the Lord (late 70’s), I really didn’t know what a commentary was until one day at work a Pharisee tried to tell me that speaking in tongues wasn’t in the Bible BECAUSE Matthew Henry said it wasn’t in the Bible! I was like who is M.H.? (I have never looked up to see if what he said about M.H. was correct or not. I’m not putting down M.H. I’m just relating what the Pharisee said that he said.)

I learned much sitting at the feet of Jesus during this time and I praise God that He led me to a little church that believed in and taught the freedom of the Spirit instead of a certain set of denominational rules and dogma. I will always praise Him for that!!

God bless you brother,
Lisa

2013/1/9 14:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy