SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : SPECIFIC PROMISES FOR SPECIFIC TIMES - David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 SPECIFIC PROMISES FOR SPECIFIC TIMES - David Wilkerson

All Christians have a general trust in the Lord. We stand on a few promises that apply to the whole body of Christ, such as:

"I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrews 13:5).

"All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly" (Psalm 84:11).

These well-known promises have brought great comfort and blessing to God's people worldwide for many centuries. Yet, beyond these general promises, God gives us specific promises for special times, hard times. We must know them and bring them with us when we come boldly to His throne of grace.

The Puritans, who were mightily blessed of God, said every promise of the Lord is a holy argument. They believed a Christian should not come before the Lord with just a general faith.

When God tells you to come boldly before the throne of grace, to receive mercy and grace in your time of need, you cannot have just a general idea of why you are there. You cannot just say, "Okay, Lord, You know my heart. Give me whatever You see fit."

That may sound good but God has specific promises for specific times in our lives. He wants us to lay hold of these promises with our hearts so that we might stand strong and assured as we reason with Him. He wants us to stand before His throne having perfect consolation, absolute assurance and no doubts whatsoever!

Maybe the reason you are not hearing from God is that you have given Him a general faith without being specific with Him. God says, "Come, bring forth your strong reasons (see Isaiah 41:21). Why should I do this for you? Why should I bless you?" He knows why, of course, but He also wants you to know why!

2013/1/4 10:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy