SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : MANY ARE SUFFERING TODAY - David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 MANY ARE SUFFERING TODAY - David Wilkerson

I know my family and I are not the only ones suffering and enduring great afflictions. I receive many heartrending letters from godly Christians who are going through the greatest testing they have ever known.

Never have so many come down with cancer. Never have there been so many hurt by divorce, with mates abandoning homes and giving up on marriages. Never have so many been burdened down with financial problems. Never has there been such a time of trial, confusion, pain, and deep hurt. God's most beloved children are going through refining fires. While it is true that "many are the afflictions of the righteous," it also is true that "the Lord delivereth him out of them all" (Psalm 34:19).

I have been praying, "God, You told us to come boldly to Your throne of grace to obtain mercy to help in our time of need. We desperately need Your mercy."

Is there hope for any of us in these trying times without mercy from the Lord? What do we do as believers when the enemy comes in like a flood? Why do those who are so deeply devoted to Christ have to endure such unusual testing?

I do not have all the answers. I know that the righteous suffer and I know that many godly people reading this message are hurting and may be wondering why they must endure so much pain. I also know that when you take your place in the holy of holies, you discover testings unknown to those in the outer court.

The daily news is filled with horror and violence but do not for a moment let that mar your vision of a glorious church rising up in the midst of the ruin and confusion to take dominance and authority.

A holy, forgiven, rested body, holding to Christ the head, is being revealed in clearer measure. This victorious body is coming into sharp, well-defined view, flexing its spiritual muscle, threatening the very powers of Satan.

The prognosis for the body of Christ is unbelievably glorious and nothing this ungodly world does can adversely affect it or change its purpose!

2013/1/2 15:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy