SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Year Resolutions?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

New Year Resolutions?

Just curious if anyone has made any plans for doing any New Year resolutions. I have a few that I hope to keep one being listening to a sermon once a day everyday. I do this very freely and should I miss a day won't let it bum me out of bring me under condemnation but it is a goal that I have that I feel is completely doable.

Anyone else have a resolution for 2013?

2013/1/1 15:28Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: New Year Resolutions?

Yes! tuning more of God in, and tuning more of man out. I started this on Jan.1st. of 2012, and I have made so much progress in my personal relationship with the Lord, I will continue this resolution.

2013/1/1 15:44Profile
PQ

Europe

Like Keith Daniel once said "Soak yourself in the Bible".

Fight the good fight of the faith, lay hold of eternal Life.

pq*

2013/1/1 16:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I am continuing my daily resolution to fight the good fight (1 Timothy 6:12) and to fix my mind on things above (Colossians 3:2) so we can hasten the coming of the Lord (2 Peter 3:12).

2013/1/1 16:48Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

My plan is to continue my strength training. Might go into full blown powerlifting. Not sure about that part as yet.

Also want my wife and I to get closer as well as getting her back healed. She has degenerative disc disease in her L5 and the ortho says she will eventually need surgery and she will know when that time is. Ortho says he will do disc replacement. She seems to be looking at June or August. She cannot walk for a long time and if she climbs just a few steps or walks down hill her back and hip area hurt.

I am also looking for a change of career this year. Going to school to learn computer networking but not sure how this will play out for me. I like the thought of journalism as well.

In light of my last thread on law and moral code in the OT I plan on doing some study on this and why it is so and why it isn't to be used today and why non Theists use it to blame God. Call it a study to show thyself approved. I want to be able to answer these people.

But all in all I don't make resolutions. As time goes by I pursue and look forward to certain things. Just happens to be New Year and this is what I am looking down the road to in my personal life.

John

2013/1/1 17:02Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Great! I will continue to join you all in the good fight because that certainly is a great resolution that shouldn't necessarily take New Years to activate in us. I plan on listening Zac Poonen and be blessed by his wisdom from the Lord that he has cultivated over the years.

Very cool "resolutions" John, I don't know if a career change is in store for me or not but I definitely keep my options open. I personally would benefit from some regular excerise of the body as well as the spirit so I might give that a shot!

2013/1/2 8:12Profile
MaryJane

Re:

greetings

What is a new years resolutions really? Is it like making a promise or taking an oath? I have been thinking about this the past few days and wondering much about what it means.

God bless
mj

2013/1/2 12:59Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

If I were to make a new year's resolution, it would be like being cast back into a Roman's 7 scenario. There is nothing good in my flesh or my resolutions for it is God that works in me both the willing and the doing of His good pleasure.

Mike

2013/1/2 14:15Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I am not a real heavy believers in new years resolutions and so I take this one fairly lightly in a sense I just want to push myself to listen to more God sermons on this site and since it's New years slapped a "resolutions" sticker on it as my year round goal.

I have no intentions of letting it bring down unnecessary condemnation or pride in my heart because I know anything good I do isn't me at all by Christ who is working in and through me. :)

I also resolved to workout more but that hasn't happened :P

2013/1/3 8:57Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

The only one I will make is that I resolve not to make any! Won't keep them anyways except the one I just made...Oh, dear, what an oxymoron....SIGH

2013/1/3 21:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy