SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Times Square Church Ecumenism Video

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

PS:

There does not seem to be much room for middle ground in this either (ie - if they are not against us they are for us) Is your head marked as one who grieves over these things?

Eze 9:4 And the LORD said to him, "Pass through the city, through Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations that are committed in it." And to the others he said in my hearing, "Pass through the city after him, and strike. Your eye shall not spare, and you shall show no pity. Kill old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women, but touch no one on whom is the mark. And begin at my sanctuary." So they began with the elders who were before the house. Then he said to them, "Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain. Go out." So they went out and struck in the city.

2012/12/29 16:23
elias7291

Los Angeles

Re:

I'm still mixed on the charismatic catholic question. It is best to simply believe God that He do the impossible.

But this brings another question. One of you said that Rome is the harlot spoken in scripture. But what about the eastern denominations like all the orthodox movements such as the Coptic church or the Armenian or the Russian church? Or even the Anglican? Many of these practice the same traditions as Rome. Are they too the "harlot" that the bible speaks of?

I ask because I did community service for an Egyptian Coptic church and they had all the saint things and images but these people were good and some of them prayed fervently.

2012/12/29 22:39Profile

Re:

Elias-

I know talking about RCC is frowned upon here so this will be my last response on the subject but let me address two points (and feel free to contact me privately if you want - God bless you friend).

1) Imagine if we had followed the instructions of Christ and the apostles and did not have denominations or religious titles, in other words imagine there are no catholics, protestants, etc... the way it is suppose to be. So someone walks into the local church meeting and week after week brags about fornicating with many women. This person would be put out of fellowship according to 1 Corinthians 5. The same goes for someone coming in and bowing or praying to a statue every week. If they refused to repent after prayer and exhortations they would be put out of fellowship according to 1 Corinthians 5. Without all the denominations and carnality of modern christendom it is a lot easier to deal with these things But now imagine that those people who got put out of fellowship go and start their own church... and one of them becomes a leader who claims to be Christ on earth - what to do but warn true saints to stay away from it.

2) "One of you said that Rome is the harlot spoken in scripture. "

John Wesley on Revelation 17:5

And on her forehead a name written - Whereas the saints have the name of God and the Lamb on their foreheads. Mystery - This very word was inscribed on the front of the Pope's mitre, till some of the Reformers took public notice of it. Babylon the great - Benedict XIII., in his proclamation of the jubilee, A.D. 1725, explains this sufficiently. His words are, "To this holy city, famous for the memory of so many holy martyrs, run with religious alacrity. Hasten to the place which the Lord hath chose. Ascend to this new Jerusalem, whence the law of the Lord and the light of evangelical truth hath flowed forth into all nations, from the very first beginning of the church: the city most rightfully called 'The Palace,' placed for the pride of all ages, the city of the Lord, the Sion of the Holy One of Israel. This catholic and apostolical Roman church is the head of the world, the mother of all believers, the faithful interpreter of God and mistress of all churches."

But God somewhat varies the style. The mother of harlots - The parent, ringleader, patroness, and nourisher of many daughters, that losely copy after her. And abominations - Of every kind, spiritual and fleshly. Of the earth - In all lands. In this respect she is indeed catholic or universal.

2012/12/29 23:32
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Hi elias,

The Roman Catholic Church is not the harlot in Revelation specifically. I say that because we cannot limit the vision of Revelation 17 to one system. The harlot church of Revelation 17 is spiritual and is manifested in all denominations. Where ever you find the true bride of Christ the harlot is not far behind. You can find the harlot church in the Southern Baptists, Assemblies of God, Home Churches and 'out of church' movements...etc; etc. In these same movements you also find the true bride of Christ.

Personally I believe that the false prophet will be whoever the Pope is at that time and that there is a dangerous ecumenical movement toward a world church that will follow the false prophets teaching. However it is only a masquerade of the unity that is growing in the Spirit amongst the children of God and they are recognizing God's people whatever their denomination. We can't 'expose' every unification as worldly ecumenism because we're offended. I find limited atonement offensive but I don't break fellowship with a Calvinist brother.

I was once told by a Jewish believer that Jews wouldn't begin to listen to us Protestants because of the obvious idolatry in our own churches. Maybe instead of pointing fingers we should take our gift of discernment and point it at our selves.

2012/12/30 0:34Profile
elias7291

Los Angeles

Re:

Thanks for your clarifications. Peace be with you all!

2012/12/30 0:51Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

thanks Frank and Jim for the responses. i have some in my family who still are in the Catholic church and have found that when i try to share the truth with them i only make them angry so i have not tried in a long while. i pray for them but i don't feel like i can pray or fellowship with them because in my thinking we do not have common faith.
any way thanks for what you shared, it does help clear things up

rdg

2012/12/30 8:23Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Times Square Church Ecumenism Video

I saw the video a while ago, and I find it disturbing.
Call me an angry watchman, but I am grieved for a reason.
This is not a small thing. Carter should know better and as a well respected minister with a world wide reach he is not at liberty with such a lapse. I find it especially sad that TCC who had been such a beacon of light now embraces Catholics as equals in faith. I am all for ministering to Catholics but there can be no cooperation in matters of faith. There are many evangelical ministries that had been wrecked by participating only once in an RCC ritual. There are subtle spirits at work, it is an intoxicating wine.

I too had been lead to Christ by a catholic Charismatic but later on I saw the damage and confusion it caused her to fall into. I do not say that there are no saved people inside the RCC, but how can they remain there once they know the truth?

I am thinking of those many who escaped the error of the Roman Catholic Church. Now they tell then it is ok to stay in the RCC as long as you are charismatic. The RCC has sent and still sends Billions to hell with a false assurance of salvation and is drunk of the blood of the martyrs. This beast has never changed, it just went into a tactical cease fire.

Their communion table is not the table of Christ. The head of the RCC is not Christ.

2 Corinthians 6:14-17
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

2012/12/30 13:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy