SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Personal Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Humphry

Personal Revival

Just like one of our Generals has rightly said- I set myself on fire and people come watch me burn. I believe personal revival is General revival itself in the air. Why? Because God is looking for one man, one candle to lit up and when this happens, he sets the perfect example for the rest of the Church or in other cases would be the bearer or key leader of the Revival. Personal Revival is a fire in a bush that started with one strand of very dry stick.

2012/12/23 23:24Profile
turn

USA

Re: Personal Revival

Humphry, those are good points.

The circa 1947 movie, It's a Wonderful Life, is an often-cited depiction of the difference that one life can make.

Moses was one person who was able to make a difference. After his calling at a burning bush, Moses was able to respond with faith and vision and lead a nation to deliverance from tyranny and oppression and bring them to the border of the Promised Land. After the nation sinned grievously at Mount Sinai with the worship of a golden calf, Moses, with God's help, initiated the revival of religion that followed (Exodus 33:4 ff).

Daniel was one person but he made a difference in advancing godliness and freedoms in the midst of the Jewish captivity in Babylon.

2012/12/29 10:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy