Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Revolutionizing Nature of Faith

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Revolutionizing Nature of Faith

Revolutionizing Nature of Faith
12/30/1998
(An excerpt) “The faith of Paul was a revolutionizing thing. It upset the whole life of an individual and made him into another person altogether. It laid hold on the life and brought it under obedience to Christ. It took up its cross and followed along after Jesus with no intention of going back. It said good-bye to its old friends as certainly as Elijah when he stepped into the fiery chariot and went away in the whirlwind. It has a finality about it. It snapped shut on a man’s heart like a trap; it captured the man and made him from that moment forward a happy love-servant of his Lord. It turned earth into a desert and drew heaven within sight of the believing soul. It realigned all life’s actions and brought them into accord with the will of God. It set its possessor on a pinnacle of truth from which spiritual vantage point he viewed everything that came into his field of experience. It made him little and God big and Christ unspeakably dear...” —Bry

That's what I want so much to have every moment of each day...I want that life giving faith that takes up my cross, follows after JESUS and never even glances back...not even for a moment!!

God bless
mj

2012/12/19 22:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy