SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Rainbow Study Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

The Rainbow Study Bible

Anyone familiar with this study Bible? My wife and I are considering getting our two older sons (ages 9 and 10) each one of these for Easter. (KJV of course!) I kinda like the idea of a color schemed Bible for that age to help them understand and read the Bible better on their own. Since we homeschool, the Bible is part of everyday school work for them anyway...

Does anyone have one, and if so... what do you think of it? Or does anyone have any other suggestions for a study Bible for that age?

Please dont suggest "Refuel" (the Bible "magazine")... That will set me off... LOL!

I priced some Bibles yesterday... yeow! I told the girl working at the store "Gee... Bibles are big business, huh?" ... she said "Yea, it's wonderful to have so many different versions to choose from!" .... I left it alone. :-?

Krispy

2005/3/4 8:44
jsb515

Re: The Rainbow Study Bible

whats wrong with other translations ? I use many different versions and compare the scriptures to get more sense out of it. Also i've never heard of refuel magizine what is it ?

Yes the rainbow study bible is great I believe your kids would truely enjoy it.

2005/3/4 12:42Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Quote:
I priced some Bibles yesterday... yeow! I told the girl working at the store "Gee... Bibles are big business, huh?" ... she said "Yea, it's wonderful to have so many different versions to choose from!" .... I left it alone.

I am impressed! very impressed. :-P

2005/3/4 13:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
whats wrong with other translations ?

There are other threads dealing with this issue... we'll leave it alone on this thread.

Quote:
Also i've never heard of refuel magizine what is it ?

It's the Bible formatted as a young men's magazine... kinda like a cross between Rolling Stone and GQ. I'll start a tread about it shortly... it's worldy compromise at it's worst.

Quote:
Yes the rainbow study bible is great I believe your kids would truely enjoy it.

I'm not looking for my kids to be entertained, but I think I understand what you mean. I'm looking for a format that will help them learn... and yes, enjoy the Bible.

Krispy

2005/3/4 15:07
Angyl

Re:

Never heard of it, but make sure you keep me posted if you get it. I've a profound respect for your opinion, as you know, and while I'm not in the market for my daughter to study the Bible like that anytime soon...

and pretty firmly believe we'll all be flying out of here before she reaches that age...

if you use it and it rings your bells, I'll want to know so I can pick up a copy. :-)

2005/3/4 15:53Profile

Re:

Quote:
I've a profound respect for your opinion

I wouldnt admit that publicly! LOL

Quote:
if you use it and it rings your bells, I'll want to know so I can pick up a copy.

I'll keep ya posted, bro...

Krispy

2005/3/4 15:59
Mikkel

I'm a little hesitant with anything called "the rainbow" study Bible. Oh well.

2005/3/4 16:33Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re:

Heck, why not call it enjoyment? I love the stories through Samuel and Kings, and there was a good reason for the Gospel to be tagged "the greatest story ever told."

"Your testimonies also are my delight; They are my counselors." Ps. 119:24

Aside from that, the rainbow study bible kinda drove me bonkers - distracted me a bit from what I was trying to work with. But thats just one short-lived experience.

2005/3/4 18:23Profile

the girl behind the counter has the right heartspace

Quote:
I priced some Bibles yesterday... yeow! I told the girl working at the store "Gee... Bibles are big business, huh?" ... she said "Yea, it's wonderful to have so many different versions to choose from!" .... I left it alone

God is good, He had your tongue cleave to the roof of your mouth.

2005/3/4 19:58
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re: the girl behind the counter has the right heartspace

I noticed the quote about bibles being big business, I actually posted something on one the KJV only thread that is going right now. The Rainbow bible has been around for years, it has recently got an shot in the arm through the Tv. All in all it is o.k, but i;ll have to agree that it ispretty confusing at times. insted of reading a scripture and asking the Holy Spirit to show you the meaning, you pull out your little card to check what categorey it falls under. I actually had a rainbow bible stolen from our store.. . .hope they look for the gray boxes and how to fix it. . .at any rate I think its ok

2005/3/5 10:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy