Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Name of the Lord

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Name of the Lord

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the Lord is a strong tower
The righteous run to it are safe.

Romans 10:13
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

As I read the account of the tragedy that took place in Newberry Connecticut I was saddened to see no real comfort being offered to these precious children. As the demonic possessed young man made his way through the school taking.lives at random. Teachers and aides were trying to comfort the children, huddled in the back of tbe classrooms, telling them it would be alright. As if they were trusting and some unseen universal force to protect them.

Here lies the failure of humanism. These teachers and other educators had gone through drills and presentations on how to protect their school from such a tragedy as just occurred in Connecticut. Even now grief counselors are trying to comfort those afflicted by this tragedies. The comfort they offer will only amount to psychological bable.

I am reminded of the tragedy that struck Japan 2 years ago. There were reports of people crying out to the unseen gods to save them as the tsunami washed over them. In desperation the pleas of the Japanese went unheeded as they were washed out to sea. The tragedy is, the real tragedy is in both Japan and Connecticut, people may have parished without calling on Jesus for salvation

From a spiritual perspective Satan has blinded the minds of the unbelievers to the power of the name of Jesus. And the hope that one can receive by calling on that name. In Japan several centuries of demonic activity in the form of Buddhism have blinded tbe Japanese to the power of the name of Jesus. In Connecticut sever decades of humanism hav have removed the name of Jesus from our schools.

The enemy knows there is power and salvation in the name of Jesus Christ. A few days ago a story was posted where some believers were delivered from the hands of thieves by speaking the name of Jesus.
I believe some do have testimonies with danger who call out for deliverance in the name of Jesus. I was on an Amtrak train. As I fell asleep the train started to derail. In the first few seconds it was hard to discern what was happening. But then the next words that came out of my mo were 'Lord Jesus preserve us'. And by the marvelous grace of God he did preserve us. For tbe next words from the conductor were 'Amtrak dispatch there are no fatalities'.

I have heard testimonies of believers seeing tornadoes
coming toward them. Though somewhat scared a holy boldness would arise within these believers to cry out to the name of the Lord for deliverance and salvation. I have done the same myself as I live in tornado alley.

Only God will know if there were believers in Newbury Connecticut who were calling on the Lord for salvation that day. If there had been one bold believer to call out salvation and deliverance for that school, tragedy might have been averted. Even a little child knowing the power of Jesus name might have brought salvation to that school.

Tragically what occurred yesterday cannot be reversed. But if any future tragedies are not to be repeated. Let us teach our children even the adults the power of the name of Jesus.

Posted by Bearnaster.

2012/12/15 11:49
Sree

Re: Thea Name of the Lord

Romans 10:13
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

instead of writing theologies on the aabove verse, I personally want to proclaim this promise during the time of temptation. instead of yielding to my flesh, I want to be saved from the temptation. the reason we struggle is either because we love the sin or unbelief in the promise of God.

2012/12/15 12:04Profile

Re:Sree

Brother respectfully. Tbis is not a theology but REAL. When I was in that train derailment I was not contemplating John Calvin. But calling out to Christ for slvation and preservation. When F3 for.tornadoes were threatening my home I was not contemplating Martin Luther but calling Jesus for deliverance.

Peter did the sane when he was sinking. He cried out .'Lord save me'. And he did. This is not tveokgy. Thus is real. And any believer can do tbis.

Bearnaster.

2012/12/15 12:20

Re: The Name of the Lord

Quote:
Only God will know if there were believers in Newbury Connecticut who were calling on the Lord for salvation that day. If there had been one bold believer to call out salvation and deliverance for that school, tragedy might have been averted. Even a little child knowing the power of Jesus name might have brought salvation to that school. Blaine.

Brother I agree with you in the Lord. Calling on the Name of the Lord is a very present help in times of trouble. How wonderful that it is so for us.

2012/12/15 13:24

Re: Brother Sree

My brother I apologize for my hasty response to you. You are so right. We do not need theology about the name of Gof. But to believe in his name for sakvation.

Appreciate your thounghts.
Bearmaster

2012/12/15 17:31

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy