SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : ‘Queen James Bible’: Now There’s a Gay-Friendly Version of Scripture

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 ‘Queen James Bible’: Now There’s a Gay-Friendly Version of Scripture

Despite the evolution of societal trends, homosexuality continues to be intensely-debated on moral, spiritual and theological grounds. With the Bible traditionally viewed as a document that condemns the actions associated with same-sex attraction, some anonymous editors have set out to reinterpret scriptures to create a new translation — “The Queen James Bible” — that is favorable to gays and lesbians.

At first glance (and even when you dig beneath the surface), it’s difficult to discern who is behind the publication (the publisher of the book on Amazon is listed as “Queen James”), as there is no organization overtly mentioned on the web site advertising the alternative Bible. That said, the editors, though unnamed, are bold in explaining their intriguing project.

“The Queen James Bible resolves any homophobic interpretations of the Bible, but the Bible is still filled with inequality and even ...

read more: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/queen-james-bible-now-theres-a-gay-friendly-version-of-scripture/s

2012/12/14 9:59Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: ‘Queen James Bible’: Now There’s a Gay-Friendly Version of Scripture

If someone did this over 50 years ago they would have thrown them in jail. Morals are at a all-time low. The fear of God is gone.

2012/12/14 9:59Profile
Sree

Re: ‘Queen James Bible’: Now There’s a Gay-Friendly Version of Scripture

To be frank I did not believe this article until I searched myself in Amazon. It is true. I went through quickly in comments section and found few faithful ones commenting against this book. I also saw some encouraging comments that mainly state that 'God is loving God who loves sinners'. I believe the problem is people are not introduced to fear of God and are directly shown the promises of Gospel.

2012/12/14 10:23Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy