SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Noah’s Biblical Flood Actually Happened, Says Famed Archeologist Who Found the Titanic

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Noah’s Biblical Flood Actually Happened, Says Famed Archeologist Who Found the Titanic

The story of Noah’s ark and its associated flood continues to be retold to children and studied by theologians, alike. While some dismiss it as a mere fable, others believe wholeheartedly that the event literally unfolded, with a massive down-pouring of water ravaging the earth at God’s command. Among those who believe that Noah’s flood was a very real historical occurrence is Robert Ballard, one of the world’s most famed archaeologists.

Ballard, known for finding the Titanic, is now searching for evidence of one of history’s most talked-about events. Unlike other investigators who have their minds set on finding the actual ship, Ballard and his team have gone to Turkey to search for clues and evidence that corroborates the notion that a flood wiped away civilization thousands of years ago. ...

read more: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/noahs-biblical-flood-actually-happened-says-famed-archeologist-who-found-the-titanic/

2012/12/12 10:08Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Noah’s Biblical Flood Actually Happened, Says Famed Archeologist Who Found the Ti

I read this yesterday; interestingly, he does not say he has eveidence for a global flood, but possibly a localized flood that would have affected those living in mesopotamia.

Personally, I think it is possible that the flood was not a global event (i.e. the earth was a great big ball of water), although certainly I am not dogmatic about it.

Quoting the article:
"Some of the details of the Noah story seem mythical, so many biblical scholars believe the story of Noah and the Ark was inspired by the legendary flood stories of nearby Mesopotamia, in particular "The Epic of Gilgamesh." These ancient narratives were already being passed down from one generation to the next, centuries before Noah appeared in the Bible.

The earlier Mesopotamian stories are very similar where the gods are sending a flood to wipe out humans," said biblical archaeologist Eric Cline. "There's one man they choose to survive. He builds a boat and brings on animals and lands on a mountain and lives happily ever after? I would argue that it's the same story."

2012/12/12 10:18Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The earlier Mesopotamian stories are very similar where the gods are sending a flood to wipe out humans," said biblical archaeologist Eric Cline.

What is good is that other religious or secular historical records all validate a large flood that happened that destroyed many. The scriptures speak of the flood as destroying all living creatures and animals in the entire world thus putting the animals in the ark was a necessity. And 2 Peter 3 speaks of God destroying the entire earth with fire in the endtimes similar to how he destroyed the earth before.

Science simply observes but severely lacks to explain any supernatural occurrence of which God is capable and exhibits throughout history.

2012/12/12 10:25Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Greg wrote:

"Science simply observes but severely lacks to explain any supernatural occurrence of which God is capable and exhibits throughout history."

Certainly true.

2012/12/12 15:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy