SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Insomnia

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Insomnia

Whilst people are discussing sleep - who here has problems with insomnia? How bad is it and how do they deal with it?

I have regular bouts of insomnia which started ever since I was little and have got worse and more frequent in recent years. Sometimes I go for about 3 weeks only getting 1 half decent night's sleep every couple of days or so and the rest of the time it can vary from as little as 2 -5 hours. Just wondered how other people dealt with this.

:-(

2005/3/3 17:46
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re: Insomnia

Lately I have been up nights not sleeping much at all.

I keep thinking of all the wasted years of playing video Games and watching movies and I was being that 3rd Servant (you know the guy who buried his talents.)

Yesterday I was up all night and I prayed to the Lord, I said "I know Lord that I should be in bed sleeping, but please allow me to stay up and do your Work".

So lately I have not been sleeping asking GOD to restore what the Canker Worm has eaten.

Otherwise I sleep Like a Baby.

PS. When I was a kid I watched the Exorcist, I did not sleep for about 2 months after that. I would sleep only out of exhaustion; I was like 7 years old.
I did not sleep back then Cuz I was Scared of Demons, Now I don't Sleep Cuz I’m Scared of GOD.

2005/3/3 22:49Profile

Re:

I'm having insomnia... sorta. We have a week old baby son, and a 1 1/2 yr old son who is sick with a bad cold... both have my wife and I up all night long right now. Yesterday our 9 and 10 yr old sons were exposed to chicken pox... so there is more insomnia in sight!

Krispy

2005/3/4 11:47
Angyl

Re:

Personally I tend to think that insomnia is just an indication that someone has a more nocturnal nature than a diurnal one. My wife and I both fall into this category, myself especially. I will prefer to be awake between the hours of 6pm and 12PM if given the choice. It serves as a full eighteen hour day but I feel a lot better and get more rest if I'm sleeping while the sun's out.

Unfortunately, our society is a diurnal one, and people whose body clocks are naturally nocturnal are simply out of luck unless they're millioniares and can afford to live that kind of life or can manage to support themselves at a night job.

If I have trouble sleeping at night, I simply get up and go do what I want to do. Fighting it only leads to restlessness and/or a restless sleep if i do manage to get any sleep at all.

The logic of it is; if I'm going to be tired at work tomorrow one way or the other, I may as well get done what I want to get done now while I feel up to it, right? And then I suggest trying to sleep in the afternoons right when you get home from work/school. Even 3 or 4 hours then will do wonders for you as you stay up through most of the rst of the night.

2005/3/4 12:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
unless they're millioniares and can afford to live that kind of life

Thats the category I fit into...

Krispy

2005/3/4 12:20
Holyhands

Dear Clueless,

I suffer mildly with this!
It is bad and i hate it! I hate the fact that we are robbed of sleep but i can give you no real insite! sorry.

But im still praying. :-)

2005/3/4 12:44Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I'm having insomnia...

Ah, it brings back so many memories. Don't believe a word your body tells you, it is all worth it!

2005/3/4 13:34Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Try praying to God using these promises:

...for he grants sleep to those he loves.Psalm 127:2

I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

I hope it helps.

2005/3/4 13:43Profile
Angyl

Re:

Quote:
Thats the category I fit into...

Yes, but you also have four kids. You aren't allowed to be nocturnal as you need to spend as much of your days with them as posible. :-)

2005/3/4 15:25Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
Now I don't Sleep Cuz I’m Scared of GOD.

I love this! Why don't people talk about being scared of God?

I've been a terrible insomniac since I was 14 years old (now 46). About a year ago I accepted it. Now, I do what Ages does, I consider it a blessed opportunity to work in prayer. While my family sleeps, I fight battles. The only clue anyone has that I've been off to war is the circles under my eyes. My motto: "You can sleep when you're dead". I really love not sleeping. I look forward to my time with God, but this is a recent attitude shift for me.

To all you sleepyheads out there: Awake! Arise to the dance! We're having a blast! Love, Dian.

2005/3/4 16:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy