SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Walking In Lowliness by Alan Martin

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hulsey

Missouri

Walking In Lowliness by Alan Martin

Considering the recent activities in the forums I think that this sermon is a good balm and corrective. May we hear it with soft hearts:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=7518&commentView=itemComments

2012/12/7 17:15Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re: Walking In Lowliness by Alan Martin

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

The New King James Version. 1982 (Ga 5:19–26). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Ask yourselves earnestly; Over the last few days which list would befit the manner of your conversation in the forum?

Do your posts reflect bitterness? outbursts of wrath? dissensions? Do you know that these will not inherit the Kingdom of God?

Or can you, in all honesty, say that your conversation has been full of longsuffering, kindness, and self-control?

Have your posts been without accusation??? Knowing who the accuser of the brethren is?

The times when we disagree is a chance to practice the fruit of the Spirit. I'm in need of gentleness, longsuffering, kindness, and self-control from you WHEN you disagree with me. Or we can succumb to temptation and become puffed up in our knowledge which is carnal and not heavenly.

Judge for yourselves where you stand. Let us cleanse our hands and walk together.

http://media.sermonindex.net/7/SID7608.mp3

2012/12/9 1:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy