SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Current 'Grace' teaching that is emerging - some concerns!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Certainly this is condescension but in an extraordinary way, for certain purposes, God has made Himself dependent upon us donkies!

That is very true, and I think that we both know were we are coming from. I think that this is is now an area where some truth can be sown into our lives. We are special, we are loved, and Gods grace is so for us, in regards for what he has prepared for our lives. This site is filled with messages about brokeness, tears, revival, and smashing alibaster jars of our lives at Jesus's feet that it can be easily forgotten that he is good and his love truely endures forever.

Cheers for now,

2005/3/4 6:10Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
This site is filled with messages about brokeness, tears, revival, and smashing alibaster jars of our lives at Jesus's feet that it can be easily forgotten that he is good and his love truely endures forever.

I think this is a very important point, and no 'buts'... :-D

2005/3/4 10:57Profile
Paulus

Celbridge Kildare Ireland

Re: Abraham bargaining

Philologos

Yes I agree bargaining was a bad word. I meant more the ability to plead with God. I feel Abraham was in tune with the heart of God in that he saw the sin but still felt the people worth saving. God was saying I would if I could find.

I was with a brother from the Congo last night who summed it all up in this testimony. He had prayed for an infant of 3 months whom the doctors had given up on. The child survived. Six months later his own 3 month old child dies despite his pleading with God. He still does not kno why , but he knows that God is the sovereign Lord of his life. It is a priviledge to be with this brother when he prays as he humbly communes with his Master, pouring out his concerns but leaving all things to the Master to direct.

Anyway thnks for the gentle rebuke. Your article was a blessing

Paul

2005/3/4 11:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy