SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray over my marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
beatenpath

Please pray over my marriage

I remember as if it was yesterday that I was posting a praise report of me getting married on here. And today as I post a prayer request I'm praying on my knees for God to salvage my marriage. Oh how easy it is in this day-and-age for someone to say 'I quit,' 'I'm not so sure anymore,' 'I'm reconsidering,' ect. ect... I call this the entitlement era.

Please keep me in your prayers guys. I'm in a marriage to where my wife doesn't know if she still wants to be married to me or even be married at all. She grew up convinced that marriage is not important and divorce is not all that bad from watching her parents in their chaotic marriage. It's that LIE that my wife is struggling with. Please pray over my wife's mind, thoughts, and conscious. The enemy has rooted that lie deep inside her heart.

We both have been seeing Christian counselors since August for marriage and individual sessions. Please pray over our marriage that in the end of our temporary separation that Christ may shine his light over lies and false beliefs and resurrect our hearts and minds to love and serve each other as Christ commands us to. I'm desperate and at times my emotions are all over the place. My name is Jr and her name is Cecilia.

2012/12/6 20:09Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Please pray over my marriage

I will pray, beatenpath. My wife and I will be praying for you and your wife tonight.

2012/12/6 20:20Profile
MaryJane

I will be in prayer for you both.

God bless
maryjane

2012/12/6 20:21Profile
beatenpath

Re:

Bless your heart guys! The sun is still shining down even though it's pouring like crazy. God bless you.

2012/12/6 20:51Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Praying brother.

2012/12/6 23:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
We both have been seeing Christian counselors since August for marriage and individual sessions. Please pray over our marriage that in the end of our temporary separation that Christ may shine his light over lies and false beliefs and resurrect our hearts and minds to love and serve each other as Christ commands us to. I'm desperate and at times my emotions are all over the place. My name is Jr and her name is Cecilia.

Praying brother. Do all you can to serve her. Love her. and be Christ to her.

2012/12/6 23:35Profile
amranger

Montana

I will be praying too brother! Read the Word, find the promises that pertain to your situation and pray them back to God.

Be encouraged, God is willing and able to help you both.

-Andrew

2012/12/7 1:15Profile
Sree

Brother I will pray that the love of God will be poured into your heart by the Holy Spirit so that you will be able to love your wife like Christ Loves the Church. Perfect love can unite all divisions. I would also suggest you to pray for your wife yourself. God hates divorce and he will be on your side as you are a peacemaker.

2012/12/7 1:48Profile
Fiat

Hi Jr, the name Cecilia makes me remember the good old song. Well, love springs from love. God is love and the only way to make another being to love us is by be loving... Love is also a gift from God. Cecillia have to see the precense of Gods love all around her not just in you as a person.

I will pray that Cecilia receive this unice gift of love from God.

Be blessed the two of you.
Rg. Fiat

2012/12/7 4:29Profile
beatenpath

Re:

Many thanks again.

Since the beginning of our counselling sessions I have been able to read two good books and take notes. Wild at Heart by John Eldredge, and How to Forgive When You Don't Feel Like it by June Hunt. Without those books I wouldn't have been able to clearly see my still open wounds deep in my heart and soul which boils down to 'rejection.' Most came were created from my upbringing up until I moved out of my parents home at the age of 18 and some after that.

Since one of my motivation gifts is MERCY it's natural and unhealthy at times that I'm a people pleaser.

Mix my wounds of 'rejection' and 'lies' I picked up growing up you will get someone that is in desperate need for the redemption power from Christ. Prior to my marriage I've spent a few years reading what the Bible has to say about marriage, sat in Sunday school classes about marriage, listened to many sermons on marriage, and took notes as much as possible. All of that is great but when wounds are left open the soul, spirit, and body gets infected.

I had no idea I still had wounds left open. I sat through a Bill Gothard Basic Life Institute seminar years ago and I thought I had most of that squared away. Guess not.

2012/12/7 11:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy