SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Praying your lost loved ones into Heaven

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Praying your lost loved ones into Heaven

My very first sermon I ever delivered was on praying your lost loved ones into Heaven. When I went through the Bible on everything possible on this subject...thinking about everything I had been through, seen...etc.....I wondered.

Why are these loved ones going to Hell in a hand basket? Why are the prayers going unanswered? Why?

As I prayed about this topic that I felt led to give.....things went through my mind. When I was in the Coma right after they brought me back to life when I was 17 years old...I heard everything, I could do everything but move my limbs, eyes, mouth....I could think and pray but I could not express myself to anyone. Just like a person that does not hear nor speak. I thought....so when our loved ones are dying before us and they do not wake up before they die...most assume that person died in their sins....but what was going on in that person? Was God giving them one last chance like the thief on the cross next to Jesus?

At the hospital a while back, this woman was next to her husband whom died. The Doctor told her to say her good-byes and they would take him downstairs. She looked at the Doctor and said that he cannot die...he is not yet saved. The Doctor took pity on her and told the Nurses to give her some time. The Woman told the Nurses that her husband cannot die yet...she has prayed for years and he is not saved yet. She knelt on her knees and prayed. Ten minutes had passed and she was still on her knees praying holding his hand that was still and getting colder. 15 minutes had passed and the Nurses walked by shaking their heads taking pity on the woman. 20 minutes had passed and she continued to pray. 30 minutes had passed and her husband came back to life and asked what has happened. The Doctor and Nurses came in, the Doctor told the man that he was dead for 30 minutes, that his Wife was on her knees praying the entire time and the Man asked for some water to quench his dry throat. He asked his Wife to lead him into salvation...she carried his soul to the Lord and later she drove him home.

There is so much on this subject....so many thoughts on it.....but it boils down....do you care enough to dig and find out why? Does the salvation of your son, daughter, mother, dad, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, husband, wife, etc....really matter that much to you? Cause if it really does....you will do whatever it cost to find out what is needed to accomplish the kind of Prayer that will knock them to their knees seeking God in their heart. If it does not matter all that much to you....well then maybe them burning all alone in hell forever and you can't find them won't matter much either. Let's not fool ourselves.....at least be honest with yourself.

My Uncle is burning in hell forever due to his choice and my disobedience to go tell him that God told me he had 2 weeks to live before dying. I have to live with that on my conscience for all eternity. My favorite Uncle is doomed to hell and I did not do all I can to prevent it. I did not find myself wrestling with God for my Uncle's salvation. I did not make sure that all hindrances to my prayers being heard and answered were taken care of.

But since you have your insurance policy to heaven you don't have to fast and pray for anyone else...they will make it you are sure of it...no need to get on your knees, tear your clothes, put dirt on your tear stained cheeks....naw...you got your insurance policy...it's not on you...remember it's their choice....why get up early to pray for them....they are good hearted people they will come around....you are such a great example of Christ on earth they will have to notice sooner or later and come around.....let's see ...where is your insurance policy stored.....oh yes...your insurance policy....now...let's turn on the TV and forget this whole matter....religious idiot anyways.

It took a God fearing bunch of Women and Men to wrestle with God for a very Long time to get God to show me my heart and show me his love for me...for I was in a very deep pit of sin....but God's love is deeper still. Thank God I did not have my salvation in your hands to dig me out (for your insurance policy ....). How many more people that you know or deal with each day have to go to hell before you realize that YOU Will have to give an account before GOD at the day of Judgment for Not praying, witnessing to them and loving them like Jesus does?

Never give up! Wrestle in Prayer. Fast. If you Really love them you will do whatever it takes to get them to heaven. And if you die without your answer being seen.....give God the praise! For your death might be the last straw needed to bring them to salvation.

I want to share with you a poem my Mother wrote me and I received to open the day of her funeral.

To My Grown Son

My hands were busy through the day
I didn't have much time to play,
the little games you asked me to.
I didn't have much time for you.

I'd wash your clothes, I'd sew and cook,
but when you'd bring your picture book
and ask me please to share your fun,
I'd say, "a little later son."

I'd tuck you in all safe at night, and
hear your prayers, turn out the light,
then tiptoe softly to the door....
I'd wish I'd stayed a minute more.

For life is short, the years push past, a
little boy grows up so fast.
No longer is he at your side, His precious
secrets to confide.
The picture books are put away, there are no
longer games to play, no goodnight kiss,
no prayers to hear.
That all belongs to yester year.

My hands, once busy, now are still.
The days are long and hard to fill.
I wish I could go back and do
the little things you asked me to.
Mom

How I wish I had prayed more ernest for my loved ones. How I wish I had shown more love for my loved ones like Jesus does. How I wish I had more courage to witness to them when I had the time. I never thought I would run out of time. I thought......Oh for one more chance.

Yes, when all seems that your loved ones are forever doomed to hell....remember that God does raise the dead sometimes.....even many years later. Maybe it time to change your prayers and wrestle earnestly for God's miracles. Oh man, I now have to eat the bread that I've have put down...it time to start praying that God will somehow raise him up from the dead and bring him to salvation.....even as dead bones....NEVER give up....your loved ones NEED you.

It's not over till the Judgment Day.
PJ

2005/3/2 21:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy