SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts :  LET HIM HAVE YOU!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

LET HIM HAVE YOU!!

The Resurrection of Jesus changes the rules, and it changes the ultimate outcome—but it will not significantly change your personal practical life—unless you walk in HIS truths and only allow HIS thoughts in your peanut butter brain! : ) The rules are changed forever. The Destination is changed forever. But YOU are only changed forever if you willingly respond to HIS ways in your mind and actions!! We remain weak and impotent, rather than join Him in resurrection power, when we think thoughts other than “pure, lovely, noble, and praiseworthy thoughts,” and when we refuse to “cast down” the little man that tries to tell you how you should feel and think. We are “transfigured by the renewing of our minds” and “the Holy Spirit is given to all who obey!!” Sure, there will be difficulties through which we can only turn our faces towards Him and worship. That’s part of the deal. But, “RESURRECTION POWER” in the inner man is still our inheritance in the One who lives within... IF we respond only to His thoughts and desires, rather than our fleshly inclination. His RESURRECTION and LIFE have CHANGED THE RULES, CHANGED THE OUTCOME, and CAN CHANGE YOU—your personality, your reactions, your moods, your desires, your wisdom, your physical body, and all that you are! LET HIM HAVE YOU!!

This was so encouraging to me so I wanted to share it here with some...there are some days that hearing, reading, and remembering that there is "REAL" power in living unto CHRIST knowing I am not lost in the sinful state I once was. HE can and does change me, if I will respond moment by moment of each day to HIM and HIS leading. That is my mission today...to respond only to my JESUS and leave self to die, HE gives me all that I need to accomplish this mission I just have to respond!

God Bless
maryjane

2012/12/3 7:39Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: LET HIM HAVE YOU!!

Quote: '...peanut butter brain!'

Can't say I've come across that phrase before, but it is memorable.

By the way, who is the article by, if you know.

Thanks.

2012/12/3 8:57Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by enid on 2012/12/3 2:57:11

Quote: '...peanut butter brain!'

Can't say I've come across that phrase before, but it is memorable.

By the way, who is the article by, if you know.

Thanks.

I liked that phrase as well :) I was thinking there are times when I feel like I am in a fog but peanut butter brain is a new one for me too. This was just a thought sent from a brother to others in the body of CHRIST as a way to encourage each other in our journey in the LORD. Something the LORD placed on another heart and I thought it was worth passing along.

God bless
mj

2012/12/3 9:04Profile
Sree

Re: LET HIM HAVE YOU!!

<quote>
IF we respond only to His thoughts and desires, rather than our fleshly inclination. His RESURRECTION and LIFE have CHANGED THE RULES, CHANGED THE OUTCOME, and CAN CHANGE YOU—your personality, your reactions, your moods, your desires, your wisdom, your physical body, and all that you are! LET HIM HAVE YOU!!
</quote>

Sadly people have taken the IF condition of obedience out and believe only in the promise. If anyone reads the bible carefully with a need to save his soul, he will find conditions around every promise. The reason people do not see the conditions is because Satan has blinded their eyes and also Satan uses many of his preachers who preach the promises without enforcing the conditions. We are in a days when only such preachers are famous because the world loves them and they keep deceiving themselves looking into NUMBER of people following them thinking they are doing a useful work. Indeed they are doing useful work but to Satan.

2012/12/3 16:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy