SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Taking someone to court...is it biblical?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Has anyone ever considered that God just might approve of taking someone to court?

I know of a story about a preacher (this is going back quite aways) and he had legal papers from the city that he could preach there but the city officials came out and told him that if he started to preach that he would be arrested. He preached and sure enough they came out and arrested him. The charge was preaching the gospel with a loud speaker. The price for bail was paid by the church and the same thing happened night after night and the price of bail increased. After all this took place another preacher who was a lawyer came by to help this preacher and took the city to court, won back all that money with interest and he took the money and used it to build a Christian school.

The reason why these things happen to us is to try us. God does these things to find out if we have learned anything from Him.

God wanted to kill Israel but Moses who knew God stood in the gap and made up the hedge for Israel and spared their lives. It was certainly God's intent, but it was also to try Moses. Moses could have stepped aside and God would have buried them all in one fell swoop but He would have been disappointed in Moses. John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

If you been in My presence you should have known by now who I am. I am Mercy, I am compassion, I am forgiveness, I am Judgment, I AM. Moses learnt this while he was in God's presence.

Is it our intent to sue the pants off someone who wrongs us, or do we stand in the gap for them seeking God to have mercy on them for touching a son of God? Vengeance is mine saith the Lord I will repay. God may instruct us to seek counsel, we should allow that door to remain open because there might be a purpose to His leading us there. So far in my walk, I have found that by suffering a loss was easier than to react in anger.

I remember when a brother done me wrong and I prayed about it and I was determined to forgive him. As I was going to him, the Lord stopped me and assured me that He had settled the matter. I felt a peace come over me and I left it alone. I don't know why the Lord didn't want me to go to him, but that was God's decision.

2012/12/5 21:57

Re:

Approved... great post! I agree completely.

If our intention is revenge, as sree pointed out then we enter into sin. We should not seek revenge or financial gain. But at the same time we have in the Bible accounts of where Paul exercised his rights as a Roman citizen in order to further the gospel. If you are an American you can do the same, and I would argue that you should do the same... but it comes down to being obedient to the Spirit of God. He may tell a person not to, and thats good too.

Street preachers are constantly in court claiming their Constitutional right to free speech. Thank the Lord that they are! Freedom of speech is an important tool in this country for furthering the gospel... even tho the Lord does not need our man-made Constitution to further His gospel. He has chosen to use it though.

Say you hire a contractor and he rips you off. You may not decide to take him to court, but there are other ways to mark that person so that he doesnt take advantage of others. You can write an unfavorable review on Angies List, or report the guy to the your local Better Business Bureau. A lot of times local contractors depend on word of mouth as well. Tell everyone you know to avoid this guy. Make sure you stick to the facts of what happened, and not comment on him as a man. In other words dont start conversations by saying "What a jerk!" That would not be honoring to God. But simply say "Look, I hired this guy to fix my roof and the job he did was so poor that the roof now leaks more that it did before." That would be perfectly acceptable.

Krispy

2012/12/6 8:15

Re:

Quote:
hired this guy to fix my roof and the job he did was so poor that the roof now leaks more that it did before.

Speaking of roofs, last winter we had a team come to do our roof as it was leaking. We expected them to come when the weather was warmer and more favourable. Well, they came in the dead of winter and they couldn't do anything, and how could they the tar was frozen. They got up on the roof, chipped away at it, and came back down and said it's too hard. My response was, "Duh, no kidding". A couple weeks later we get this bill for $500 bucks. We called them and said that they didn't do nothing but made things worse and we were not going to pay it. We haven't heard back from them since. If they call back and try to make a stink out of it, we will pay it just to shut them up. Besides, the heat from this summer might have melted the tar on the roof and sealed the cracks because we haven't had any leaks, which saved us from a 25,000 dollar job. I like God's Sun, He's so warm.

2012/12/6 21:22
used4him

Re:

Thanks for all your input. I agree with some of it, and of course, praying about it all to get the Lord's direction seems to be always the best course. I will relay all this to my friends who will want some feedback in all of this.

2012/12/10 17:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy