SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why is.......

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re:

Dear saints,

I am obviously new to this forum and have only attended one SI conference, so I do not know any of you, but it has been hard for me to follow this post. The original question was:

"Why is Israel more important than the persecuted church?"

Obviously we as Christians are burden for the lost, but that is not the focus of this post. I still have nothing from the Lord in how to respond and I want to learn more about our relationship to the persecuted church because I have rarely heard any good teaching on it in all my 20 years of being a Christian. Now, I have heard and read plenty on Israel, but not the persecuted church.

Looking forward to learning more from the Lord and I hope He will use this post to bring His truth and heart to light.

May His perfect will be done in everything we think, speak and do,

Kenneth Martin

2012/12/4 11:55

Re: Soldout2him.

Hi Ken,

Bro I sent you an email regarding info on the persecuted church.

Bearmaster.

2012/12/4 12:27
MaryJane

Re:

ginnyrose wrote:Exactly. And that is why I believe one should not question other people's concerns who differ from yours.

This has always been my heart as well. We are all led to pray for different things. Some maybe given the burden and heart to pray for the those persecuted, while others maybe lead to pray solely for the lost, and then still GOD may lead some to pray for people in a specific region who are lost. There really is no "one size fits all" and GOD is surely big enough to care for and love each one of us. I use to feel guilty when someone would say "oh but you should pray for this person or this situation." Now I realize if I pray for someone because someone else pushes me to and not because the LORD leads me to then its all for not anyways. JESUS only did what the FATHER lead HIM to do...

Great comment ginnyrose thanks!!
God bless
maryjane

2012/12/4 13:56Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Bear

I have been thinking over and praying over what you shared about your prayer calls. Could it be that you have stepped outside of what the LORD has for you in some of the calls you participate in?? What I mean is, it is clear you have such a burden and heart for those in the church who face physical and emotional persecution at the hands of others, perhaps that is where the LORD wants you to focus your energy and prayers? Perhaps when you got into this call for Israel that was not what GOD had intended for you to be praying about so that is where some of your confusion and unsettled heart has come from? I believe GOD gives those HE desires to pray for Israel the heart to do so, Neil(another poster here) has such a love and burden for the Jews that one can just see it comes from the LORD. You have the heart to pray for those in the church who are persecuted, while I feel lead to pray for the lost in general...each of us is walking according to HIS leading and that is pleasing to HIM! It does not have to be one over the other but each of us as members of the body following HIS leading getting the job done :)

Please think and pray about what I shared here and know that just because some of us are not always led to pray for the same things as another does not mean GOD loves anyone less.

God bless
maryjane

2012/12/4 14:15Profile

Re:

"With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints" (Eph. 6:18).

From Wesley's notes:

"6:18 Praying always - At all times, and on every occasion, in midst of all employments, inwardly praying without ceasing. By the Spirit - Through the influence of the Holy Spirit. With all prayer - With all sort of prayer, public, private, mental, vocal. Some are careful in respect of one kind of prayer, and negligent in others. If we would have the petitions we ask, let us use all. Some there are who use only mental prayer or ejaculations, and think they are in a state of grace, and use a way of worship, far superior to any other: but such only fancy themselves to be above what is really above them; it requiring far more grace to be enabled to pour out a fervent and continued prayer, than to offer up mental aspirations. And supplication - Repeating and urging our prayer, as Christ did in the garden. And watching - Inwardly attending on God, to know his will, to gain power to do it, and to attain to the blessings we desire. With all perseverance - Continuing to the end in this holy exercise. And supplication for all the saints - Wrestling in fervent, continued intercession for others, especially for the faithful, that they may do all the will of God, and be steadfast to the end. Perhaps we receive few answers to prayer, because we do not intercede enough for others."

2012/12/4 16:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy