SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Justification by Faith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Justification by Faith

Am I getting this right? Justification by Faith in Christ is dying to oneself and taking up the cross day by day? Gal 2:19-21

2012/11/28 14:01
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Justification by Faith

Depends on how you look at it, I don't take up my cross daily for my salvation. I take it up daily because of my Faith and gratitude for the one that saved me.

2012/11/28 14:22Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """Depends on how you look at it, I don't take up my cross daily for my salvation. I take it up daily because of my Faith and gratitude for the one that saved me."""

Especially when my cross is His Cross He hung on for us.

figuratively, exposure to death, i.e. self-denial; by implication, the atonement of Christ:--cross.

I will take up my crucifixion with Him and being dead to sin completely in spirit and self=denial in the flesh, come alive unto His resurrection and birth in me by which I am raised up from the Cross and death unto life.

His atonement is my atonement as I take up His Cross daily which is my cross also, now and forever.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/12/4 4:50Profile
ArthurRosh

Re:

Can I ask what church you go to Phillip?

2012/12/4 9:45Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
Rom. 3:22, "even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction."
Rom. 3:24, "being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;"
Rom. 3:26, "for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."
Rom. 3:28-30, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one."
Rom. 4:3, "For what does the Scripture say? "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."
Rom. 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,"
Rom. 4:11, "And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,"
Rom. 4:16, "Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all."
Rom. 5:1, "therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"
Rom. 5:9, "Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him."
Rom. 9:30, "What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith."
Rom. 9:33, "just as it is written, “Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, And he who believes in Him will not be disappointed.”
Rom. 10:4, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."
Rom. 10:9-10, "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; 10for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."
Rom. 11:6, "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace."
Gal. 2:16, "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."
Gal. 2:21, “I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”
Gal.3:5-6, "Does He then, who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 6Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."
Gal. 3:8, "And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "All the nations shall be blessed in you."
Gal. 3:14, "in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."
Gal. 3:22, "But the Scripture has shut up all men under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe."
Gal. 3:24, "Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."
Eph. 1:13, "In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise."
Eph. 2:8, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God."
Phil. 3:9, "and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith."
1 Tim. 1:16, "And yet for this reason I found mercy, in order that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience, as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life."

2012/12/4 10:18Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """Can I ask what church you go to Phillip?"""

"River Valley Christian Fellowship", Yuba City, Ca.

Also, "Church in the Home"; at: Christ-Life.org .
understanding Paul's writings "my gospel".

Also, "Melissa Scott Ministries", online.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/12/4 16:32Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Justification by Faith

6 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

i think the point Paul is making is that no man is justified by keeping the works of the law, but rather through putting faith in what Christ has done. reference Romans 7 for commentary on galatians vs 19. the law brought death in that it condemned us. so, through the law condemning me, i have realization that i cannot be right through keeping the law. thus the law fulfills its purpose of working death and pointing me toa savior. i don't think this verse speaks of dying to self. however the next verse tells me that i am now dead to sin (see Romans 6) and my life comes through Christ in me. i don't think this is dying to self as in the work of consecration but rather being baptized into Christ.

2012/12/4 19:50Profile

Re:

I'm looking for something here.

Faith without obedience seems to fall short. Like obedience to loving your enemies, for example. Or Giving. Or praying in secret. Our faith points to a person, who spoke of what to do. And he said if you don't do these things you will be like a man building a foundation on sand...

Faith in a person without obedience to that person doesn't make sense to me.

So i brought up Galatians 2 which concludes with a wonderful statement about being crucified. The ultimate dying to one's self, self will, to bear real fruit through the power of a real God.

So we believe in a person who said basically "your righteousness is filthy rags" compared to the righteousness of letting Him do what He knows is best in all areas of our lives. Faith speaks of a living relationship... so...

crucified to self. Does that speak of justification? On Judgement Day: "I gave my life for you because you gave your's for mine" ? Does that justify us? Does faith speak of more?

what do you think?

edit: am I erring?

2012/12/4 23:56
jimp

Re:

hi, there is no faith without obedience... by faith abram left his country to seek a city,,,, by faith noah built an ark for the saving of his family(seed line)faith is hearing a directive word from God believing it and obeying it.God spoke to my heart that he died for me (after hearing it told many times)that day i responded to God in obedience to His wooing.unless the Holy Spirit moves with the ramah word(personal prompting)it is flesh. this prompting produces an intimate relationship with Jesus(the one who died for me personally)this love relationship with me being in Jesus and the holy Spirit in me produces wisdom and works that are not always of the flesh.jimp

2012/12/5 0:48Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, there is no faith without obedience... by faith abram left his country to seek a city,,,, by faith noah built an ark for the saving of his family(seed line)faith is hearing a directive word from God believing it and obeying it.God spoke to my heart that he died for me (after hearing it told many times)that day i responded to God in obedience to His wooing.unless the Holy Spirit moves with the ramah word(personal prompting)it is flesh. this prompting produces an intimate relationship with Jesus(the one who died for me personally)this love relationship with me being in Jesus and the holy Spirit in me produces wisdom and works that are not always of the flesh.jimp

2012/12/5 0:48Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy