SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Imputed Righteousness... A sinless Christian

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I thought of this illustration about two years ago. Then a few months ago I heard Winkie Pratney, in a video on this site, give the same illustration! I was so disapointed! I thought I was being origional! Oh well, it is still a good illustration of true repentance:

TRUE REPENTANCE

True repentance is like this: imagine your driving down a road. It is a two way road. Your not really paying attention and wonder into the other side. Then you suddenly realize that a MAC truck is heading straight for you. So what do you do? Do you slowly turn the wheel and get back in the other lane? No way! You turn quickly and get COMPLETELY back in the other lane, because even if just a little bit of your car is on the other side, your could get killed!!

Likewise, when your driving down the road of life and you sin, you are on the wrong side of the road. Then you realize that the MAC truck of death and hell is heading straight for you. So what do you do? Do you slowly repent? No way!! You COMPLETELY repent and get back on the right side because even if just a little bit of your life is left in the other lane, you'll get killed!

2005/3/2 16:44

Re:

They say it’s hard- impossible,
But Lord I have to try.
My soul longs for your holiness,
Please give it else I die.

I say, in him your holiness you find!
So stop trying, thou has it nigh!
Rest now, imputed it is already thine.
Thou needest not die.

Sincerely,
Picky400

2005/3/12 0:34

Re:

Lahry,

I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, "Make paragraph breaks please!!!" Mine eyes are in my lap!!!

Sincerely,
Picky400

2005/3/12 0:37
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

What Truck?

Quote:

...you suddenly realize that a MAC truck is heading straight for you.

I've heard it said before, that unless the sinner comes to his senses that there is indeed a Mac truck coming he will continue driving on the wrong side of the road, I believe the only one who can do that effectively is the Holy Spirit.

2005/3/12 1:32Profile

Re: What Truck? Indeed!

Good point Zeke,

I would also add that "getting out of the way" is getting "in Christ" NOT "living a holy life". Judging by some of your other posts Zeke, I know that you get this point. Others need to realize that living Holy lives didn't work for the Jews and it's not going to work for us either.

Picky400

2005/3/12 3:15

Re: Picky

I apologize that I sometime forget to make paragraphs. I also apologize that out of all I had to say, that was the only response deemed worthy comment on.

2005/3/12 7:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy